Ridiculous Ebay Transaction
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ridiculous Ebay Transaction

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ridiculous Ebay Transaction

So last night I won an Ebay auction on a G-Shock, paid for it via paypal.
    This AM I get this message from seller

"I apologize sir , but the price I was looking for was around $60-$70 so I would not be able to ship this item . Did you already pay through PayPal ?"

So I tell him why didn't he start the bidding at $60 or set up a reserve auction?

Then this guy proceeds to re-list the item before even refunding my paypal first.
    Hilarious thing is he doesn't even change the listing to a higher starting price nor a reserve auction - same auction with same starting bid.

After frustrating conversations with Ebay personnel, they tell me that I have to wait until Jan 14th before starting a dispute.
    They even read the message he sent to me, where he tells me he won't ship the watch. All they can do is file a report.
    Lo and behold a few minutes after getting off the phone, they de-listed the item. Good for them.

J C, Rocat and xevious like this.

Re: Ridiculous Ebay Transaction

Dang, Dave. That's annoying. Shouldn't you be studying instead of bidding on eBay?

Quote Originally Posted by liwang22 View Post
    Dang, Dave. That's annoying. Shouldn't you be studying instead of bidding on eBay?

Bro!!!!!!
    I was in Korea for the holidays
    Had some ridiculous food! You would of loved it!
    Happy New Years!!!
    Last edited by seikomd; January 7th, 2016 at 16:52.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice! My mother-in-law is here this week. Our second child was just born. She's cooking it up homemade Korean style. We will be going to Korea when she is old enough.

Wait. This is a watch forum. Which G were you bidding on? I was wearing my GW 6900 when she was born so I would have her exact time of birth recorded
    solar g-shocker, domoon and Rocat like this.

Hilarious, go for him mate that one deserves a negative feedback, i remenber my early days on ebay, i sold two g-shocks for 25€, a dw-6500 and a gt-001 both in very very good condition, i was very frustrated those watches together worth more then that, and i spent way more then that, but it was my mistake, i should did a different listing, but it was sold, and there they went to spain! you not always win money you not always do what you want!
    Kev55 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by seikomd View Post
    So last night I won an Ebay auction on a G-Shock, paid for it via paypal.
    This AM I get this message from seller

"I apologize sir , but the price I was looking for was around $60-$70 so I would not be able to ship this item . Did you already pay through PayPal ?"

So I tell him why didn't he start the bidding at $60 or set up a reserve auction?
    Sad to say, I can do even better than that on something that wasn't a watch!

I was the high bidder out of a handful of bids, submitted my payment, and got the same reply of "this is worth more than that, I'm not selling it to you." I asked the seller the same questions about higher starting bid or "reserve" and complained to eBay.

The seller relisted the item, I was again the high bidder (out of even fewer bidders that time) and waited a few hours before submitting my payment, expecting the same reply...which I got the next day, so I asked the same questions including "didn't you learn anything the first time?" and made the same complaint to eBay. In both cases, the only thing eBay could do was refund my money, which they did fairly promptly.

However, eBay must have gotten their message through HIS thick skull the second time because the third and fourth (and I think fifth) auctions all started with some RIDICULOUS starting bid, and ended with no bids. I felt like sending a snarky note saying "maybe you should have taken either of my highest bids, which were both more than the NOTHING you're getting now! PS: the actual value of an item isn't what you think it's worth, it's what someone else is willing to PAY."

As I recall (and I could be wrong) I wasn't able to leave scathing feedback because the seller CANCELLED the transaction, so there was no way TO leave feedback.

As a side note: I've started to LOATHE ebay "reserve auctions" at times, especially if there aren't many bidders. They're especially awful if there's only ONE bidder -- me!

"Hey, here's a [widget] with an opening bid of only $10.00! Heck, I'd pay $20 or more in a heartbeat!" *bid $20.00*

"Current bid: $10.00. Number of bids: 1. Reserve not met."
    *bid $25*

"Current bid: $10.00. Number of bids: 2. Reserve not met." *bid $30*

"Current bid: 10.00, which isn't going up because ALL OF THE BIDS ARE FROM ME! Number of bids: 3. Reserve not met."

Unless someone else comes along AND bids above the magical reserve price, we may never know what the reserve was, and I've watched a couple of auctions slip away when I WAS the only bidder.

In both cases, eBay sellers really need to learn what they're doing if they want to make a profit.

One that got away that I think about time to time was a Muscle Time G-Clock, in a rare clear jelly cover. It had sold for around $250 once, but when the buyer tried to sell it a bit later I won it for les than $100. Mysteriously it was "broken" and not available for sale after I paid. I asked for pics and also wondered how such a rugged item was broken. I think he said it was his cat. ;-(

Neil
    IN
    G-Shock DW-5200, GD-350, GW-6900

OUT
    G-Shock - a lot of them | Aquadive BS100 | Seiko: BFK's, Monsters, Tuna 007, 015 | Helberg/H2O: Kalmar 1, CH-1, CH-6 |
    Eterna: Super Koniti 1973 LE | Enzo: EMV, EM001 | Omega: Bond SMP | Zilla: Auto, Ti, SS | sAs: Sea Classic II | Maranez: Bangla Ti & Brass | Halios: Puck, Laguna, Holotype | Zixen: PVD Trimix | WCT: 1000m Seal clone, SS & DLC

wow. if i knew ebay had become so lenient with these dodgey sellers id be pulling auctions of my own to try and squeeze a few extra bucks out lol
    ridiculous how the whole system is now set up to favour these sort of ppl.

ps. mike you so shouldve said what you were going to say! ...then offered him less than your highest bid haha
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

This is so bad, if you submit a bid, you get that info that you are committed to buy the item, but on the other side if you buy and pay and the seller doesn't want, at the end to sell, you are not able to let a negative feedback!
    Because people need to know who they are dealing with!

Yes Ebay has some shady buyers and sellers. But sometimes there's been items I couldn't find anywhere else. And couldn't sell an item anywhere else. So Ebay is a necessary evil sometimes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information