RIP RISEMAN!
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: RIP RISEMAN!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Cool RIP RISEMAN!

Well the current Riseman came out in the fall of 2007 and was a welcome comeback of the sensor equipped G-Shock models. During the G-Shock depression years the old DW-9100 as the last surviving of the old Master Of G Riseman, was discontinued in 2002. Between 2002-2006 we had no pressure sensor equipped model in the lineup. So in the history of the G-Shock there has been a correlation between bad years and good years and the existence of a pressure sensor equipped G-Shock. The GW-9200 Riseman was launched in a year that marked the beginning of the 25Th Anniversary but also the beginning of a newly risen popularity of the brand in several parts of the world. But now this second generation Master is apparently no more, my contact in Japan told me it was discontinued this month. But then again we now for the first time have a triple sensor G in the form of the GW-9400 Rangeman. So this time does not mark the beginning of another depression as far as G-Shocks are concerned.

So lets honor it by posting pictures of our beloved Riseman's:

GW-9700PJ-7 Men In Ice White Riseman

Fire In the Hole!

Cosy...

And in its natural element:

I used to also have pictures of my G-9200MS-8 Men In Rusty Black series non atomic version. But Those pictures got lost on a broken HDD so I have no pictures of that one currently but I still own that one. Those are the two Riseman's that I own. Perhaps if I get the time will take some new shoots on that one...

The only one I have on that one is that it is in the middle of this old collection shoot I did in 2009:

You can also see its predecessor the DW-9100BD Terje Haakonsen Riseman and the cool dinosaur DW-6700 SkyForce in that picture.

Here is a couple of my PhotoShop jobs of dream versions I wished they did but that was never to be...

Gold Defender that you can see in my avatar...

And yummy green metallic...

So the KING was not the only one to be discontinued this year the venerable Riseman has now faced the same destiny...

May the Riseman be celebrated as an important model in the history in the G-Shock lineup! Cheer the Riseman!

Name:  cheers1.jpg
Views: 2678
Size:  32.3 KB
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Re: RIP RISEMAN!

Strange, MrShoque just said production is still on going till Sept 2014: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/has...ed-929117.html

I don't have a Riseman in my collection, since I did not require it's features. But I really loved the colour schemes on some of them- the orange one, the men in dark purple one, the yellow and blue ICERC one.. they really had some great looking ones!

I wonder if the DW6900 will be the next to go.. with the GD-X6900 being better in every way, makes no sense in keeping it going.
    Last edited by starscream; October 16th, 2013 at 13:11.

Quote Originally Posted by starscream1017 View Post
    Strange, MrShoque just said production is still on going till Sept 2014: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/has...ed-929117.html

I don't have a Riseman in my collection, since I did not require it's features. But I really loved the colour schemes on some of them- the orange one, the men in dark purple one, the yellow and blue ICERC one.. they really had some great looking ones!

I wonder if the DW6900 will be the next to go.. with the GD-X6900 being better in every way, makes no sense in keeping it going.
    Strange, my contact said is was discontinued and I just checked the G-Shock Perfect Search and all of the Riseman models are now listed as end of production. So It is confusing this that MrShoque heard otherwise!
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    Strange, my contact said is was discontinued and I just checked the G-Shock Perfect Search and all of the Riseman models are now listed as end of production. So It is confusing this that MrShoque heard otherwise!
    Mr Ibe needs to do an ask me anything sessions again! lol
    xevious likes this.

Got my very first G-9200 back when it was just released here in Singapore in 2008 and only in January this year got my very first atomic GW-9200J. I still keep both Risemen and after only recently acquiring my GW-9400J two days back, thinking to sell both my Risemen since the Rangeman is replacing them. Now after hearing this news, think I'll keep my 9200J but still wish to let go the G-9200.

Served me very well these few years...
    Casio Riseman GW-9200J-1JF, Rangeman GW-9400J-1JF, Frogman GWF-1000G-1DR & Classic GW-M5610R-1DR. TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300m Calibre 5 WAN2110.BA0822. Seiko Criteria 100m Quartz Chronograph SNDC63P1.​Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 116660. Apple Watch Series 2 42mm SS with Milanese Loop.

My contact told me Casio will take the Master of G line very seriously. Let's see where they come with next year. If the GPS says it's out of production, then it is. I think thd Rangeman somehow replaced the Riseman, as the new Mudman repaced both the older Mudman generations and the Wademan and also the gulfman replaced the Fisherman in the 90s.

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

It's possible that only the JDM version with the flying squirrel was discontinued and that the export version with the dragon caseback is still made for a short while. It was the same with the DW-6900MS - the "1JF" was discontinued while the export version was still made for a while and even got the updated module as the "1JF" was only available with the 1289 AFAIK.

Cheers, Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    It's possible that only the JDM version with the flying squirrel was discontinued and that the export version with the dragon caseback is still made for a short while. It was the same with the DW-6900MS - the "1JF" was discontinued while the export version was still made for a while and even got the updated module as the "1JF" was only available with the 1289 AFAIK.

Cheers, Sedi
    You might be correct about that. The basic GW-9200-1ER is still listed on the EU site. So if it is still to be available for order outside Japan in certain markets. Then it might be that they have stopped producing more for now. But if demand requires it they might make another batch to supply those markets. But that is not very likely because demand for the basic Riseman have not been very high lately so I do not think retailers will order more anytime soon. So it will still be available in for instance EU and Australia and importers in those regions can still order it from Casio until supply run out. Based on MrShoque's information it supposedly available for order until September 2014. But atleast we know it is discontinued in Japan and no new versions will come out. So it is not wrong to still call it RIP already. The last model to come out was the Initial blue GW-9230B-1, I guess that one will have some extra collectability value because of that.

The Riseman. Performed its duty admirably. I liked its concise yet full display, packed a lot in a tidy package. I love it, it has served me well... yet I only ever had one. Just the one ... Riseman.

RIP RISEMAN!

Wow. I'm wondering if I should retire mine. I love it. I'd rather wear that than anything else in my collection.
    Maybe I'll get a second one before they're gone.
    Last edited by Tedzone; October 16th, 2013 at 15:57.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information