Riseman; Fair selling price?

Thread: Riseman; Fair selling price?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Inactive

Riseman; Fair selling price?

What's a fair selling price for a Riseman?

I've tried selling my Riseman for half the price of a new one (compared to buying at a local internetshop), but no one was interested. No scratches (except for marks on the buttons due to normal use) and still 10 months+ guarantee. Geee....

So what would you experienced watch-flipping guys suggest? Please in terms of percentage

Maybe the price is right, I've just tried one local auction site, and maybe it's only a matter of trying selling through another channel...

Please note, I'm only selling nationally, not interested in PayPal and the likes.

Thanks

EDIT: It's the GW-9200, standard black w. red.

Re: Riseman; Fair selling price?

I sold one here for about $110 a year ago. They've come down to about $150 online brand new these days so as long as you are pricing right you should be fine. What is probably holding you back from selling is you are not offering Paypal. This is an absolute road block for me and I simply wouldn't consider it without the protection of Paypal. It has become the standard for exchanging $$ online and although it costs you 3%, it will probably get that watch sold.

-Steve
    Steve R
    bunch of watches...

Inactive

Thanks

Okay, probably I should have noted that I'm in europe, where prices generally are higher - so dont make sense selling outside europe.

Regarding PayPal - it's not about the fee, I simply dont want to spend time investigating possible security issues with PayPal.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ThomAsio View Post
    Thanks

Regarding PayPal - it's not about the fee, I simply dont want to spend time investigating possible security issues with PayPal.
    That's fine, and that's your choice, but Paypal is the standard and it will be harder to find a buyer

As a Canadian I've accepted the fact that I need to price things I'm selling for the majority of my market... Sometimes that means taking a loss. We buy across the boarder to save $$ but pay duty and taxes. Then we sell it back across the boarder for even less.

As for paypal, if you had said that you refuse to pay the 3%, I'd understand... but not wanting to spend the time to investigate... well... its probably whats limiting your ability to sell. I'd say spend the time to investigate. It doesn't cost anything and there are many reasons to set up an account. One of which is that you'd get that watch sold.
    Steve R
    bunch of watches...

Thanks

Okay, probably I should have noted that I'm in europe, where prices generally are higher - so dont make sense selling outside europe.

What about the security issues with a buyer sending an unknown seller a money order or money transfer? No way, no how.

$100 shipped sounds about fair... just bought one brand new shipped for $136.

G-Shock Fanboy

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

That is your call, but I'm dealing with PP now since about six years, had hundreds of transactions from all over the world and never an issue. It is much safer than to give unknown people your credit card number and you are always protected in case something goes wrong. Anything you are doing in this age online, will never be 100% save, no matter what. But you can at least minimize the security risk to an absolute minimum and in my opinion PP does just that.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by sdrutledge View Post
    As for paypal, if you had said that you refuse to pay the 3%, I'd understand... but not wanting to spend the time to investigate... well... its probably whats limiting your ability to sell. I'd say spend the time to investigate. It doesn't cost anything and there are many reasons to set up an account. One of which is that you'd get that watch sold.
    Thing is, most of my resorces and time is dedicated to something else at this point. I'll consider and investigate PayPal later.

Quote Originally Posted by sdrutledge View Post
    As a Canadian I've accepted the fact that I need to price things I'm selling for the majority of my market... Sometimes that means taking a loss. We buy across the boarder to save $$ but pay duty and taxes. Then we sell it back across the boarder for even less.
    Yeps, thats a major factor Yes, I'll lose on this, no surprice The thing is to find a reasonable selling price - have to check up on lowest local prices and lowest international incl. shipping/taxes. The good thing is that where I live, warranty is usual better than other placeds I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    That is your call, but I'm dealing with PP now since about six years, had hundreds of transactions from all over the world and never an issue. It is much safer than to give unknown people your credit card number and you are always protected in case something goes wrong. Anything you are doing in this age online, will never be 100% save, no matter what. But you can at least minimize the security risk to an absolute minimum and in my opinion PP does just that.

cheers
    + 1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information