Riseman +1 (which is going to be ?)

Thread: Riseman +1 (which is going to be ?)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Riseman +1 (which is going to be ?)

So, I am thinking of getting a present for myself since NY is coming up and to be more correct the present is going to be 2 watches (I guess i am a bit greedy ! )

The first willbe the Riseman and as for the second one I am torn between the Mudman and the Gulfman (the G-9100 - 2ER blue).

I know this has been discussed again but my main concern is this :

I love the blue color of the gulfman but hate it not being solar (the GW is out of the questions since i like the tide and moon phase shown in the face of the G-9100). I will use it as my "summer" watch.

Regarding the mudman my main concern is that it will be very similar to the Riseman and so what is the point of getting it ?

The best would be to get all 3 of them but i am not THAT greedy !

So the question is does Mudman look like or have relevant features to the Riseman and so is it worth getting it a second one to the GW-9200 or sould i go for the Gulfman ?

Any thoughts / opinios/comments more than welcomed ! :thanks

Re: Riseman +1 (which is going to be ?)

get a frogman!

sml

Quote Originally Posted by S3black View Post
    Regarding the mudman my main concern is that it will be very similar to the Riseman and so what is the point of getting it ?
    The benefit of the mudman over the riseman is that:

(a) the buttons will not get jammed up with sand. unfortunately the design of the riseman buttons is very poor.

(b) the time is much easier to read. unfortunately the riseman has shadows that overlap the top of the digits hence when you read the time you have to tilt the watch to move the digits out of the shadow. it does get a bit irritating.

The GW9100 atomic Gulfman looks great except it doesn't display both day & date at the same time - hence it is immediately off my list.

How about these two ....... :)

Last edited by sml; December 27th, 2008 at 00:28.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Cool Re: Riseman +1 (which is going to be ?)

Get the GW-9200 dragon Riseman and the GW-400J Silencer (instead of the G-9100 Gulfman).
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
    honi soit qui mal y pense
    http://forums.collectors.com/attachments//trozau_ani.gif
    gold - the barbarous relic!

Does anybody really know what time it is?
    Robert Lamm of the group Chicago, 1969

Are you trying to choose between the G-9000-1 Mudman and the G-9100-2 Gulfman?

I prefer the Gulfman out of the two, but I know the Mudman is way more popular here with others.

I say you flip a coin to choose, and then buy the loser next time. They're both really great.

I think every G-Shock fan should try out one model of each of the major series on the wrist. It's really tough to choose between them all based on online images alone. The Frogman is the only one that can be called overly expensive (besides other limited editions), but it ends up being worth it to lots of G-Shockers. The sales forum here is an easy way to recoup your money (or at least most of it) on ones that don't suit you. Trading could be a good way to go too.

I wish it was easier to find these all in retail stores around here.

Quote Originally Posted by S3black View Post
    So, I am thinking of getting a present for myself since NY is coming up and to be more correct the present is going to be 2 watches (I guess i am a bit greedy ! )

The first willbe the Riseman and as for the second one I am torn between the Mudman and the Gulfman (the G-9100 - 2ER blue).

I know this has been discussed again but my main concern is this :

I love the blue color of the gulfman but hate it not being solar (the GW is out of the questions since i like the tide and moon phase shown in the face of the G-9100). I will use it as my "summer" watch.

The best would be to get all 3 of them but i am not THAT greedy !

So the question is does Mudman look like or have relevant features to the Riseman and so is it worth getting it a second one to the GW-9200 or sould i go for the Gulfman ?

Any thoughts / opinios/comments more than welcomed ! :thanks
    First off, welcome to the forum, S3. You're definitely in the right place for the crazy hobby.

To be honest, all 3 models you listed are great watches, and they each have their own "specialty" with little overlap in function other than the normal standard features. This is so much the case, in fact, that Casio designated individual mascots for each Master of G model.

It's hard to tell you which model to choose as you need to try each on your wrist for comfort and looks. In the end, you need to decide yourself.

What I can tell you, though, is that the Riseman is the most popular Master of G this year, with the Mudman being close behind. You can find the data in a recent poll on this forum.

Good luck, and happy hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I think every G-Shock fan should try out one model of each of the major series on the wrist. It's really tough to choose between them all based on online images alone.
    Agreed. They all look good but it's always best to see it in the flesh before deciding...

Quote Originally Posted by Sherms View Post
    get a frogman!
    FTW, !!!!!!!
    dude, sometimes we can be soooooooooooo unhelpful !!!
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

I personally prefer the Gulfman over the Mudman, simply based on aesthetics. The Gulfman is a FAR BETTER looking watch. But in your case, a Mudman might make more sense. The Mudman is a very tough watch, and a perfect "do everyting" beater. Wear your Riseman on the good days, and wear the Mudman on the bad days. Your Riseman will thank you for it.

I wouldn't worry much about the fact that the G-9000 isn't solar. As long as you don't use the backlight like crazy, ther battery will last for far greater than the published duration. My guess is that the battery could easily last 8 to 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbait View Post
    I personally prefer the Gulfman over the Mudman, simply based on aesthetics. The Gulfman is a FAR BETTER looking watch. But in your case, a Mudman might make more sense. The Mudman is a very tough watch, and a perfect "do everyting" beater. Wear your Riseman on the good days, and wear the Mudman on the bad days. Your Riseman will thank you for it.

I wouldn't worry much about the fact that the G-9000 isn't solar. As long as you don't use the backlight like crazy, ther battery will last for far greater than the published duration. My guess is that the battery could easily last 8 to 10 years.
    +1

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information