Riseman altimeter accuracy.

Thread: Riseman altimeter accuracy.

Riseman altimeter accuracy.

Wow, my Riseman altimeter accuracy is all over the charts. Way more than any of my Suuntos or my Protrek.

Barometer seems to hold pretty well...

Still... LOVING the Riseman. Anyone else see pretty substantial fluctuations with the Riseman Altimeter?
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: Riseman altimeter accuracy.

the riseman altimeter (as well as all other casio altimeters more or less) is pretty jumpy because it reacts sensitive to any change in air pressure. I know suunto watches are able to compensate natural changes to a certain point as well as other watches (my weathermaster VII for instance), but unfortunately casio watches do not.

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

The altimeter on my Riseman is quite the jumper as well. Suunto did the better job there. I often compare the measurements with Google Earth and my Suunto Core is amazingly accurate.

However, the barometer on my Riseman is doing a very good job. I happen to live just a few 100 meters away from the Swiss Federal Meteorology Office and check their measurements on the net regularly. Most of the time, the Riseman (and the Core) are within +- 1 hpa (which is sufficient for my needs ).

As I rarely need altimeter info, this issue doesn't bother me. The Riseman is still my favorite G (for now... )

Take care
    Clemi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    Wow, my Riseman altimeter accuracy is all over the charts. Way more than any of my Suuntos or my Protrek.

Barometer seems to hold pretty well...

Still... LOVING the Riseman. Anyone else see pretty substantial fluctuations with the Riseman Altimeter?
    You should look at my thread where I tested the Riseman on a train journey: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=215357

After using a watch with a barometer and altimeter for 12 years I am used to be able to predict the weather changes.

Thread Information