Riseman arrived yesterday, Altimeter tests today!

Thread: Riseman arrived yesterday, Altimeter tests today!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Riseman arrived yesterday, Altimeter tests today!

Well FINALLY after 14 business days, my Casio G-Shock Riseman beater watch arrived today! :yahoo: :yahoo: This watch is going to be great for working out with and swimming when i'm too lazy to properly clean one of my metal watches off after being in the pool. Obviously still figuring out how the heck to use this thing. Lucky for me it is user friendly (to the best of it's ability) and I wore Casio's as a kid so know how to set them etc etc. Anyways, here are some pictures. Must say though, was shocked at how tiny it looked when I first opened the box, was expecting it to be bigger but very pleased with the size, looks great believe it or not:

Now for some lume:

First attempt

Wish that was a joke too... :rofl: Took about 10 or so pictures before finally capturing this one:

Reason for that being the light stays on for about 2 seconds or so after you push the button so had to time it perfectly and try not to make the image too blurry

The watch is EXTREMLY light, feels great on the wrist and has a very nice, super sporty look to it.

Altimeter test(s):

Decided to combine my original post on other froums from the day before with the update with the Altimeter test.

So it finally got to me (not even 2 days later) and had to go out on a little "Adventure" twice today testing out the Altimeter on the Riseman. Had some fun doing it :rofl: Almost fell down the first hill but it was only a small 20 foot one in a park that has a water tank under it.
    The massive one I just came back from not long ago. Readings show as less there because that area sinks down a lot. Anyways, took some pictures of the second part of this little adventure. Tried to go before it got too dark (A LOT of wild life down there, of course lol). Did not realize how high the grass / weeds were around the little path so did not go as far as originally expected to the steeper one. Can not wait to do it again though! :rocker: :yahoo: Here are some pictures:

260 ft

Want to try figure out the higest point it can be tested around here. Anyways, hope you all enjoyed the pictures and little story

Re: Riseman arrived yesterday, Altimeter tests today!

Cool pics, I got mine in about 3 days ago, never wore it outside my house and finally concluded that it wasn't for me, I just posted it up over in Watch Sales, I may end up regretting it but it just didn't seem to fit me right, great watch though, hope you enjoy yours.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKWATER View Post
    Cool pics, I got mine in about 3 days ago, never wore it outside my house and finally concluded that it wasn't for me, I just posted it up over in Watch Sales, I may end up regretting it but it just didn't seem to fit me right, great watch though, hope you enjoy yours.

Sorry to hear that. Truly is not for everyone though, but fits my needs / wants perfectly from this sort of watch. Makes me want to get outdoors and go on adventures If you do regret it though with time you can always get one back, so not to worry I think

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. Congrats on your new Riseman.

The Riseman often does have the effect of looking bigger than it actually is.

Nice pics and story From a (nearly) fellow new Riseman owner - see my sig

I agree with you on the size, from the pics it looks a big watch, but I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box.

My altimeter came reading -110m and has since dropped to -55m. I've no idea what altitude my house is, but it's definitely above sea level! Once I start wearing it from Monday onwards I hope with use it will acclimitise itself, if not I will post a thread
    Last edited by quattrojames; September 13th, 2009 at 11:51.
    Current G's:
    GW-9200J-1 Riseman
    DW-004ASJ-8AT (stealthed)
    DW-9800 Wademan AR-3T ARTI
    DW-8800AJ ADMA's Full set of 5

Wish List:

G-7900 1ER - GW-7900B-1JF - GW-M5600BC -
    G-9000-8DVR Stormtrooper - GW-9100MB-1JF Gulfman - FTS-100 Forester

Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post

I agree with you on the size, from the pics it looks a big watch, but I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box.

My altimeter came reading -110m and has since dropped to -55m. I've no idea what altitude my house is, but it's definitely above sea level! Once I start wearing it from Monday onwards I hope with use it will acclimitise itself, if not I will post a thread
    You must calibrate it to the altitude of your house or it will give incorrect readings

Congratulations and enjoy your new Riseman. I actually ended up selling mine too, but I still have and enjoy my three old skool DW9100 Riseman models. Those versions are more my thing.

Suspended

okay, so a noob question: how does one determine the altitude of one's house?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidj View Post
    Congratulations and enjoy your new Riseman. I actually ended up selling mine too, but I still have and enjoy my three old skool DW9100 Riseman models. Those versions are more my thing.
    :thanks A shame you sold yours too but it is ok, you have the vintage model

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    Great pictures, thanks for sharing. Congrats on your new Riseman.

The Riseman often does have the effect of looking bigger than it actually is.

Glad you liked them :thanks :thanks Yeah, was shocked when it was opened, indeed. The macro shots of the watch face made it seem massive in the pictures but it was a nice feeling to un box something sight un seen ever in my life

Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post

:thanks :thanks Glad you liked the pictures and the story You will soon be able to use yours so it is ok Indeed, was ever so shocked. Like stated above, the macro face shots on the net made it seem way bigger than it actually was. For that you can just re calibrate it, but compare with some other more accurate sources to make sure it is as close to corrects possible

Quote Originally Posted by under-wear-taker View Post
    You must calibrate it to the altitude of your house or it will give incorrect readings

Exactly, re calibration is the solution for this. My home is above sea level according to Garmin GPS and the Riseman so will keep the factory calibration now and keep in mind just because my feet are on the ground it does not mean i'm not that high up above sea level

Quote Originally Posted by rockmastermike View Post
    okay, so a noob question: how does one determine the altitude of one's house?
    I echo this question.

I don't have a gadget to do it for me, so is using an Ordnance Survey map the best way? It won't be that accurate will it?

Maybe I should just go stand on the beach lol
    Current G's:
    GW-9200J-1 Riseman
    DW-004ASJ-8AT (stealthed)
    DW-9800 Wademan AR-3T ARTI
    DW-8800AJ ADMA's Full set of 5

Wish List:

G-7900 1ER - GW-7900B-1JF - GW-M5600BC -
    G-9000-8DVR Stormtrooper - GW-9100MB-1JF Gulfman - FTS-100 Forester

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information