RISEMAN baro question :)

Thread: RISEMAN baro question :)

RISEMAN baro question :)

Hi guys since yesterday i'm a proud owner of one GW 9200 and love it! The watch is really cool, looks amazing to me. I like the functions enough. Has been said about this watch by other guys in the forum, so straight to my question. :)

I have read the manual couple of times, but still don't understand something about the barometer! In one place the manual says that the sensor takes measurements every 2 hours, couple of lines down the manual it says that it takes measurements every 5 seconds!

My problem is that the graph in the "eye" of the watch is changing every 2 hours and i would like it to do that more often (may be every 5 seconds?), so is that possible?
    I mean 2 hour measurements are not very useful if you want to "predict" the weather right?

So can any body help me with advice or explain to me what the manual is really saying?

Cheers

Stefan :)

Re: RISEMAN baro question :)

I think it measures every 5 seconds, but only updates the little graph every 2 hours. I believe it's impossible to change the time-interval of the little baro-graph. Will always be 2 hours per pixel.

Agreed. The proper Temp/Baro display will give you more accurate and timely readings. The small graph is only meant to trend the barometric pressure for you so you can judge the way the weather is changing and take appropriate measures.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well, it is what it is i guess, i really love the watch though and cant wait to get used to the functions so i can read and use them right! Cheers everybody

PS
    Expect some photos later :)

Quote Originally Posted by BeatNick View Post
    Agreed. The proper Temp/Baro display will give you more accurate and timely readings. The small graph is only meant to trend the barometric pressure for you so you can judge the way the weather is changing and take appropriate measures.
    quoted...
    watches are meant to tell times..

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan K View Post
    In one place the manual says that the sensor takes measurements every 2 hours, couple of lines down the manual it says that it takes measurements every 5 seconds!

My problem is that the graph in the "eye" of the watch is changing every 2 hours and i would like it to do that more often (may be every 5 seconds?), so is that possible?
    I mean 2 hour measurements are not very useful if you want to "predict" the weather right?

So can any body help me with advice or explain to me what the manual is really saying?

There's two different barometer functions in the Riseman; In the main time display, the graph shows the relative pressure for the last 24 hours as a graph. And this graph is updated every second hour. This is a usefull feature for weather prediction - usually, this kind of barometer forecasts is considered to have a 70% chance for coming true. Nothing to do with the Riseman, this applies to all barometers

The second feature is in the baro/temp mode. Here the actual pressure is shown, and the value is updated every 5 seconds. Remember, this value aint calibrated and it's also dependent on the current altitude.

In the baro/temp mode, there's also a choise between the 24-hour graph and a trend arrow. The trend arrow indicates the pressure trend, since the last measurement every second hour. So if your barometer read 1005 hPa at 14:00, and your use the trend mode at 15:30 o'clock, where the pressure reads 1003 hPa, the arrow will point down, indicating that maybe bad weather is coming in...

The trend mode can for instance be usefull, when one is expectating a storm coming in.

If your altitude is often changing, the barometer trend and 24-hour graph, will often be misleading

Thread Information