Riseman Bezel Swap

Thread: Riseman Bezel Swap

Riseman Bezel Swap

I've decided that I want to swap the bezel of my regular GW-9200 Riseman with the one off of the MIMB Risman GW9200MBJ-1. Pac Parts doesn't have any parts listed for this model. I'm wondering if anyone has done this? I'm really hoping to get the black button as well. Is the button included with the top bezel? Is it pretty easy to swap out? I would appreciate any tips from people that have done it and even better....PICS
    Last edited by scooby; June 25th, 2012 at 15:28.
    C

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy [email protected]# we don't need" - Tyler Durden

"I have beaters for my beaters" -Me

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Re: Riseman Bezel Swap

Hey Scooby, the black light button is not included with the bezel, but is listed as a separate part. Also, PacParts often does not list all parts available. It's best to e-mail them and inquire about parts for a particular watch model and usually within a day or two you'll get a response. These days most everything is on back order, at least for uncommon and older models. They probably do this to keep inventory overhead to a minimum. So, this means having to wait and extra 3-4 weeks for the part(s)... but in the end it's not a problem if you're flexible on the time.

The light button is not easy to swap out, but it is doable. The button has a metal prong on it secured with a tiny "C" clip. You pull the clip and then you can extract the button. I recall having seen someone document this and provide some photos, on another G-Shock. Check the tutorials and you may find it.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    Hey Scooby, the black light button is not included with the bezel, but is listed as a separate part. Also, PacParts often does not list all parts available. It's best to e-mail them and inquire about parts for a particular watch model and usually within a day or two you'll get a response. These days most everything is on back order, at least for uncommon and older models. They probably do this to keep inventory overhead to a minimum. So, this means having to wait and extra 3-4 weeks for the part(s)... but in the end it's not a problem if you're flexible on the time.

The light button is not easy to swap out, but it is doable. The button has a metal prong on it secured with a tiny "C" clip. You pull the clip and then you can extract the button. I recall having seen someone document this and provide some photos, on another G-Shock. Check the tutorials and you may find it.
    Thank you sir! I appreciate the reply. That is helpful info. I may just go the route of some Testors model paint to do the trick. I've done that before and it turns out pretty well. I really don't want to bust anything!
    C

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy [email protected]# we don't need" - Tyler Durden

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

^ You're welcome. As for using Testors enamel paint, this could work if you're pretty good about avoiding scuffs. The button may be recessed enough to help protect it. For some reason, I've found that the matte finish is more susceptible to rubbing off than glossy (from back in my days of painting models). But if anything you can always strip off paint and do it again.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

LUW

I painted the G of my G7900 light button with (Tamyia) acrylic paint, and it works perfectly. My paint job was sub-par, but the paint is "firmly" in place, and looks just like the day I did it.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Luciano, the Tamiya model paint is supposed to be very good and similar to Testors quality. Did you use a glossy, semi-gloss, or matte finish on your G-Shock?

LUW

Matte. The tone of red looks perfect, but I did a pig of a job .
    It's not smooth, so that's why I ordered the real deal.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

I ended up using matt black Testors and it did turn out well. It looks much better now!
    C

It isnt a tutorial, but hope this thread helps you out.

Go Team Bravus!!

Thread Information