Riseman and Charging ... Is it me or...

Thread: Riseman and Charging ... Is it me or...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Riseman and Charging ... Is it me or...

Having been the owner of a 20 year old Citizen Eco Drive analogue Chrono that charges up in about an hour even today and is still chugging along after all these years I am a little concerned. It has never stopped and the date is still spot on ( perpetual wins every day ) but was citizen that much ahead of their time that even today casio is still not as good .

About 2 weeks ago I bought a Riseman, I live in Thailand and the watch is made here it is not old stock and it was new, it does not have Atomic ( you cant buy those here for some strange reason ) and I love the watch but....

After using it for the last two weeks it ran down to M and I thought even though we are in winter we do have at least 3 days of sun each week why has it run down ... In any event I put it outside today for 6 hrs in direct Thai sun and when It came in the indicator was on H .. HOWEVER only for about 1 hr then it dropped back again.

Is this normal , if so it seems very inefficient to me and Citizen have the technology much better sorted than casio .. comments would be good I am an engineer so I know the score of Solar , but how have others found this watch to charge up maybe something is a little wrong with it, if not am I wrong to think 6 hrs should be enough for a long time charge.

Re: Riseman and Charging ... Is it me or...

Six hours isn't enough. It can take several days, but once up to 'H' it is likely to stay there.

An analogue watch can use the whole dial for solar cells, a digital watch can't use the whole display.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Six hours isn't enough. It can take several days, but once up to 'H' it is likely to stay there.
    WRONG My protreks when reaches H, rarely stays there because it takes several hours in the sun to achieve full H. If your casio gets H and suddenly you take it from the sun, it immediatly goes to M.
    ADVISE: even in H leave the watch in the sun for several hours
    Pulsar - 5M42 Kinetic
    Seiko - 5M42 Kinetic
    Casio - Protrek PRG 70
    Casio - Protrek PRG 100
    Casio - AL-190W
    Casio - G-Shock GW-7900-1ER

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by zapiao View Post
    WRONG My protreks when reaches H, rarely stays there because it takes several hours in the sun to achieve full H. If your casio gets H and suddenly you take it from the sun, it immediatly goes to M.
    ADVISE: even in H leave the watch in the sun for several hours
    actually that is what tribe already wrote, so he is not wrong at all. people too often confuse "H" with "full".

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

ive had my solar 5600 for 5 months and it hasnt dropped from H once

Quote Originally Posted by zapiao View Post
    That's to be expected, and isn't what I meant.

And I hate those 'wrong' flags...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    That's to be expected, and isn't what I meant.

And I hate those 'wrong' flags...
    Sorry about the red cards dude, in football means that a player goes to bath early.
    Pulsar - 5M42 Kinetic
    Seiko - 5M42 Kinetic
    Casio - Protrek PRG 70
    Casio - Protrek PRG 100
    Casio - AL-190W
    Casio - G-Shock GW-7900-1ER

What's the model number of your 20 year old Eco Drive Citizen Perpetual? Any chance you have a pic? I'd love to see it.

I own two Casio Atomic Solar watches a M5600 and WV-M120 both watches never dropped down from H to M or less. I own the M5600 for nearly nine month.
    My watches:
    Sinn 104 St Sa A | Casio CBX-1000 | Casio WV-M120 | Junghans Mega1 | Junghans Olympic

18 months with my Riseman and Ive never seen it on anything but H. I use the features daily, a lot and dont spend a lot of time in sunlight or even outside.

Perhaps this is more of a problem when you have too many watches stashed in drawers and dont wear them enough!
    ONLY EVER OWNED G-SHOCKS...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information