Riseman faulty lcd??
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Riseman faulty lcd??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Riseman faulty lcd??

Hey guys, I've got a "couple" of casio's so I rotate among them. Today I decided to take out the ol' riseman for a spin. The guy was sitting on a drawer for about...a year, year and a half.

It was at low battery, so I left it on the windowsill for the afternoon, I guess it must have been about 7-8 hours or so.

I went to pick it up and check on it 15 minutes ago and some segments of the LCD are just dead, NEVER in 10 years of collecting Casio's have I seen this, I got watches from 20 years ago that have perfect LCDs. Maybe its something temporary, I really dont know. Hope it is, it would be a shame since I did not get to wear this watch as much as I wanted.

Any ideas on why this happened and how It could be fixed?

Thanks!

PD: My bad on the horizontal picture, it was OK on my phone an desktop.

Name:  20171026_100940_HDR.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  867.1 KB
    amr ashraf likes this.

Re: Riseman faulty lcd??

Does pressing any of the buttons make a difference ? Basic i know.

If the watch got really hot, this could happen. Let it cool and it should return to normal.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

PS that screen looks like a testing screen .
    MainePorsche likes this.

I put the test screen up so you could see exactly what segments are not working.

The watch was never under DIRECT sunlight so as not to get hot, when I picked it up it was warm but not unpleasantly so. Still, I'll leave it by itself for a bit and see what happens.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Take out the battery. Let it sit for a bit. Reinstall the battery. Do an A/C reset. If the issue is data related, not physical fault, it should auto-correct.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    Take out the battery. Let it sit for a bit. Reinstall the battery. Do an A/C reset. If the issue is data related, not physical fault, it should auto-correct.
    Oh dear, this is were we always disagree LOL It's been in a drawer for 18 months, I would definitely give it a chance to be drenched in some daylight for at least a week! If after that, I would follow your advice, but give the watch a chance, it's had a nasty case of solitary confinement, and just needs to get use to being back in society
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Ill give it this whole afternoon worth of sunlight, let it sit overnight and if things are still the same tomorrow I may just try removing the battery and such.

I think I have all the tools I need on hand (never really cracked a g-shock before, though it does not seem too hard). Any videos or some such I should watch before I give it a go?

Quote Originally Posted by nemezote View Post
    Ill give it this whole afternoon worth of sunlight,
    In my opinion, not enough, but hey, it's your watch. Best of luck...
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Quote Originally Posted by nemezote View Post
    Ill give it this whole afternoon worth of sunlight, let it sit overnight and if things are still the same tomorrow I may just try removing the battery and such.

I think I have all the tools I need on hand (never really cracked a g-shock before, though it does not seem too hard). Any videos or some such I should watch before I give it a go?
    I encountered the same problem (missing digit segments) with a GW-9200J, probably 2 years ago. I tried all things just to solve the problem. I did change the battery, did countless of AC reset until I disassembled the whole watch and tried to clean and reposition the LCD / LCD rubber connector but sadly the problem still exist. I ended up replacing the LCD which eventually solved the problem. It's too bad for you because Pacparts already placed the LCD on restricted parts. Here's a post that somewhat guided me in removing the module (it's still in my bookmark).

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/hel...m-1348290.html
    StephenWatch and logix like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information