Riseman GW-9200 survives the Gadget Show "Ultimate Tough Test" :-D

Thread: Riseman GW-9200 survives the Gadget Show "Ultimate Tough Test" :-D

Cool Riseman GW-9200 survives the Gadget Show "Ultimate Tough Test" :-D

Okay so I'm not entirely convinced about the accuracy of the tests given winds out of the helicopter and the not-so believable tank blast to the wooden box but... the Riseman survived

They also sho a GW-9010 Mudman in the studio instead of the Riseman. Howver, the Gadget Show is pretty unique in the UK so you have to take it all with a pinch of salt I guess.

Here's a link to the full episode...

Season 14 Episode 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWNpifyIt8E&list=SL

Re: Riseman GW-9200 survives the Gadget Show "Ultimate Tough Test" :-D

Damn... the video cannot be seen from my country not allowed by some copyright of channel 5
    Last edited by vrolok; September 7th, 2010 at 23:10.

Look on the bright side...there was at least 5 minutes of the show that didn't feature a I-phone!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If they cant get the continuity of the watch correct, Im now suspect about the accuracy of their other tests.

Im aware that new eye candy Pollyanna has been recruited; hopefully your link is viewable where I am so I can judge if she has any brains aswell as beauty-as an ex wannabe of things like X-factor Im guessing not! :)

Glad the Riseman did the job.
    ONLY EVER OWNED G-SHOCKS...

Quote Originally Posted by vrolok View Post
    Damn... the video cannot be seen from my country not allowed by some copyright of channel 5
    Justice for the myriad of links to US broadcast stuff I don't get to see here in the UK?

As for the tests, they explained the tank shot was special effects (a few special effects charges in the box and a 'firing' effect on the gun) - but still a genuine explosion.
    Some errors in continuity too - the watch on test was a Riseman, but labelled wrongly onscreen as a GW9010, which was the prop watch they had in the studio to show when talking about the test.

As for the show as a whole, it is entertainment, and personally I would take all their conclusions with a pinch of salt - tests like the destruction one don't really prove much about the real life toughness of an item, but do make for some amusing TV
    At the same time some of the other bits are pretty interesting - things like the wireless audio test did actually have a few interesting points, even if it wasn't exactly as comprehensive as a full magazine review of the same gear.

Quote Originally Posted by W44NE G View Post
    the Gadget Show is pretty unique in the UK so you have to take it all with a pinch of salt I guess.
    Interesting post Wayne, "unique" indeed, I'd never seen the show before so what's with all the presenters jumping around like Muppets? Oh wait it's Channel Five...

Still, good to see a Riseman on TV, it looked toast at the end but was still working though I wonder if the sensor survived that explosion.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Can't see it either... USA here. For those who also can't see it, here's an oldie but goodie G-Shock test series (professionally done) video.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

So it survived the muppet show.... I want to see if it can survive "Will it blend?" *insert evil laugh here*

Can't see it in Turkey, either...

Thread Information