Riseman as a Lap Timer?

Thread: Riseman as a Lap Timer?

Riseman as a Lap Timer?

Hi all,

Long time reader but first time poster here. Since my ancient ironman triathlon recently met its end I've found myself in the market for a new watch to use primarily while training (running mostly). I'm looking at the riseman since it seems the most useful for many of the outdoor sports I sometimes do in addition to running (hiking, climbing, skiing, SCUBA, etc.) However, I haven't yet been able to figure out whether the Riseman has these two functions that I couldn't live without:

- Does the stopwatch have the ability to take split times and save multiple splits? It would be nice if I could not only read split times at different laps or mile markers but also save/recall say 10 or so different splits from a workout.
    - Interval timer. I need a countdown timer that could be set to countdown and at zero sound an alarm and repeat the countdown. This would be used to time alternating stints of intense workout/running/biking and resting for HIITs sets (high intensity interval training)

Does anyone know if the riseman has good functionality in this regard? Are there any other watches by either Casio, Timex, or Suunto that I should be considering? Thanks in advance for the input.

Re: Riseman as a Lap Timer?

Given your needs, the G7700 series maybe worth a look. They’re cool looking, come in various colors and are user customizable.

Here are the main stopwatch / timer specs from Casio:

Countdown Timer (TR1): Measuring unit: 1 second, Countdown range: 1 minute to 100 hours, Auto-repeat Function (Timer-to-timer, 5 repeats)

Countdown Timer (TR2): Measuring unit: 1 second, Countdown range: 1 minute to 100 hours, Auto-repeat Function (Timer-to-timer, 5 repeats)

1/1000 second stopwatch: Measuring capacity: Lap time 59’59.999”; Split time 9:59’59.999”
    Measuring modes: Elapsed time, lap/split times

Memory Capacity: 2 Elapsed time records, each w/ 100 entries (1 elapsed time entry, 99 lap split time entries)

Recorded Data: Elapsed time, lap/split times, lap/split numbers, best lap and number, month, date, time, Auto-start

Signal Repeat Patterns: specified start/end time, daily, weekend, Weekday

Flash Alert (stopwatch auto-start, countdown alarm, alarms, hourly time signal)

Module 3095

The Riseman's is a standard stopwatch with no recording facility.

Pelican's summary is nice and concise. I use the G7700 for interval training - it's great - though the limit of 5 auto-repeat cycles is a little low on occasion.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by highball View Post
    Long time reader but first time poster here.
    Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for all the input guys.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTime643 View Post
    I use the G7700 for interval training - it's great - though the limit of 5 auto-repeat cycles is a little low on occasion.
    Hmm, I think I'd need more than 5 repeat cycles. It seems silly that my $30 timex from 10 years ago has an 8 lap memory and infinite auto repeat cycles, yet I can't seem to find a casio with this feature set. Do I need to go back to an ironman triathlon? Any suggestions?

TTT

I'd just get another Ironman. G-shocks aren't really designed for running, in general.

Thread Information