riseman mirb sensor caseing

Thread: riseman mirb sensor caseing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

riseman mirb sensor caseing

please help! I have recently noticed the metal sensor cover (on the left side of the watch) can be pressed down a bit when applying only little force. i have had my watch for months and have only noticed this recently...is this normal? only thing i can think of is that i wore it at an outdoor concert where it rained (2 days out of 3)...i never exposed the watch to water much before then but shouldnt it be able to take some rain? if anyone has any advice please let me know. i really like g shock and i love the watch but its loose?! the model number g-9200ms.

thanks to all in advance:thanks

Re: riseman mirb sensor caseing

Moved to main forum for higher visibility.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I have a GW-9200, and I can't say I can detect any movement in the sensor housing
    Current G's:
    GW-9200J-1 Riseman
    DW-004ASJ-8AT (stealthed)
    DW-9800 Wademan AR-3T ARTI
    DW-8800AJ ADMA's Full set of 5

Wish List:

G-7900 1ER - GW-7900B-1JF - GW-M5600BC -
    G-9000-8DVR Stormtrooper - GW-9100MB-1JF Gulfman - FTS-100 Forester

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Its normal, happens to my riseman too. My slight movement is however described as very very slight. The movement feeling is so light that if you don't notice yourself touching the cover, you won't feel it. You'll only feel it if you touch the cover and actually slowly feel its moving.

But don't worry, as I said its completely normal, at least for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by LRIVERA View Post
    ...i never exposed the watch to water much before then but shouldnt it be able to take some rain?
    It should be able to take biblical flooding.

I don't have this model, but I doubt that their should be any looseness in the housing. If the module and sensor are working 100% it's probably just a minor thing you might be able to repair yourself. If you think it's going to be more than that and it wasn't the result of misuse, then it would seem like a legitimate waranty claim.

The sensor housing in my Riseman was loose from day one. Then it fell out & I lost it. Now I simply don't worry about it anymore. Ha...ha...ha...
    OK, all kidding aside, mines over 6 mo. old and shows no sign of movement or looseness at all.
    Cheers...
    posted via BlackBerry Bold

Exactly... I cant tell if its movement is real or perceived. But I think it may budge just a little. It could be the whole movement moving against the case.
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

I just met with a friend who also has a Riseman. We compared ours and his does indeed move. However it's very slight, so much so, that as Jeff said it's hard to tell if it's real or perceived. We came to the conclusion that his does move. However that said, he's the type to really bang up his watches. They get a lot of abuse and he's been in the pool a lot with his this past summer. So if it was going to leak it would have done so, and it hasn't. Based on that, I believe it's a normal characteristic of the design and nothing to be worried about. I'd say that once again, if we remember that Casio invented the G-Shock via a group of highly skilled engineers, this is clearly a watch that one can just wear and enjoy.
    Cheers...
    posted via BlackBerry Bold

If you are referring to the metal piece that you can see on the left side of the case when the watch is assembled- it is a metal cover that is not attached to the inner case. If you remove the resin bezel you will notice that it comes off with the bezel and has a resin gasket between the metal cover and the actual sensor. As it is not part of the watertight case I don't think that it will affect the waterproffness of your watch and should not affect the performance of the sensor as it is only a protective cover for the actual sensor.

I am currently wearing my MIRB Riseman and can confirm it is normal for the sensor cover to budge a little when pressed upon by my fingernails.

But it is not part of the bezel. It is part of a separate assembley that goes into the case!
    Last edited by Joakim Agren; November 8th, 2009 at 00:45.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information