Riseman needes more CPU power :D

Thread: Riseman needes more CPU power :D

Riseman needes more CPU power :D

Anyone else noticed how erratic the seconds are counting when engaging the barometer and temp. mode ?

Re: Riseman needes more CPU power :D

Yep - was one of the first minor flaws I noticed besides the flimsy plastic-strap - but it doesn't bother me much. What I think is kind of annoying is the very long reaction time of the adjust button - takes about three seconds till the numbers start flashing so you can adjust something - but maybe that's just a problem of my particular Riseman and not something concerning the GW-9200 in general. My DW-6900WC, DW-5600WC and G-9000MC all react much faster to pressing the adjust button.

Greetings, Sedi

Many of my digital watches take a few seconds of pushing the adjust button before they go into set mode. That avoids getting there accidentally. So, I do not think that is anything unusual.

As for CPU, if you are switching modes, why do you care if the mode you are leaving hiccups? As long as you end up at the right place...
    WhtShadow

Current Collection
    Casio 'non-G' 83QS-41, DW-1500, OAW-100TDJ, PAW-1300T,
    G-Shock GW-M5600, GW-800D, MTG-1000G,
    Bulova Accutron 214, Omega SMP 2232.80, Omega SMP 2255.80, Ball Engineer M Challenger, Traser Auto Pro,
    Seiko SDWB61, SNA139, SKA389, SKA296, Momentum Cobalt V Lite, Orient Mako Blue, Orient Mako USA 2 White,
    Victorinox (Swiss Army) Ground Force 60/60, Base Camp Ti

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Yep - was one of the first minor flaws I noticed besides the flimsy plastic-strap - but it doesn't bother me much. What I think is kind of annoying is the very long reaction time of the adjust button - takes about three seconds till the numbers start flashing so you can adjust something - but maybe that's just a problem of my particular Riseman and not something concerning the GW-9200 in general. My DW-6900WC, DW-5600WC and G-9000MC all react much faster to pressing the adjust button.

Greetings, Sedi
    Flimsy strap?

How come?

As far as I know the Riseman have a strap that appears to be every bit as sturdy as any G-Shock?

And G-Shocks are known for their sturdy and stiff straps!
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

hmmm, interesting. never noticed it.

i tested it now and did not notice anything unusual.

GW2000B-1A
    GW-9200 'Dragon' Riseman
    DW-5600E-1V
    AWG 101-1A
    Seiko SNZG13K1

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    Flimsy strap?

How come?

As far as I know the Riseman have a strap that appears to be every bit as sturdy as any G-Shock?

And G-Shocks are known for their sturdy and stiff straps!
    When I compare it with the strap of my Mudman G9000MC (the camouflage muddie) it's just not as good - it's thinner but stiffer nonetheless and the buckle feels like made out of a Cola-Can. The strap of the mudman is thicker but softer - it just feels better to the touch and it's more comfortable.
    Some pics to prove my point:

I don't know why Casio don't take the best they already have and improve it - this strap is a step back. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the Muddie's strap says "Japan" on it while the Riseman's Strap says "China" on it - so it's made in China - the watch itself in Thailand. But I like the Riseman and it's one of the greatest watches Casio ever made - but it still could be better in small aspects. Maybe I'll just get a black Muddie strap and put it on the Riseman - it should fit - at least I hope it will. As for the reaction time of the adjust button - of course I know that it's to reduce the chance of adjusting anythig accidentally - but I compared it with the reaction time of the Muddie - the Muddie takes about 1.5 sec till the digits start flashing while the Riseman takes 2 sec. Well not really a big deal but you notice it when you are used to wearing the Muddie - like I was before i bought the Riseman.

Greetings, Sedi
    Last edited by Sedi; September 8th, 2008 at 11:00.

Thread Information