Is the riseman obsolete now that the rangeman is out?
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Is the riseman obsolete now that the rangeman is out?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is the riseman obsolete now that the rangeman is out?

The rangeman is bigger, it's better, it's faster, and yet I like the riseman. I like the looks of it better and I like the price tag better. Did it suddenly become crap or is it still a good watch? I know that's kind of a silly question, but I can deal with it being a little slower with the way it looks and the fact that it costs 250 dollars less.

Re: Is the riseman obsolete now that the rangeman is out?

You can still find a new on on eBay....even in the US. I missed a golden opportunity on one this week. It was listed at $118 "buy it now" with free shipping too. I was pre-owned but the guy obviously didn't know what he had. Oh well.....I missed it but I am still on the hunt for a Riseman.
    stratg5 likes this.

Nothing wrong with a Riseman...

Quote Originally Posted by stratg5 View Post
    The rangeman is bigger, it's better, it's faster, and yet I like the riseman. I like the looks of it better and I like the price tag better. Did it suddenly become crap or is it still a good watch? I know that's kind of a silly question, but I can deal with it being a little slower with the way it looks and the fact that it costs 250 dollars less.
    stratg5 and Snoweagle like this.
    /Forrest

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by allkindsofwatches1 View Post
    You can still find a new on on eBay....even in the US. I missed a golden opportunity on one this week. It was listed at $118 "buy it now" with free shipping too. I was pre-owned but the guy obviously didn't know what he had. Oh well.....I missed it but I am still on the hunt for a Riseman.
    There are a few new ones on amazon going for about 175 dollars, that's probably where I will go when I want to buy one

I read somewhere that the Rangeman's altimeter has 1 meter increments instead of the Riseman's 5 meter increments. That might be something that is noteworthy.

Here's a Riseman on ebay...New with box and tags. The price is $135.99 with NO bids.

Casio Men's GW9200 1 G Shock Riseman Alti Therm Solar Atomic Watch New 079767894375 | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by stratg5 View Post

Is the DW-5600E obsolete now that there are solar and solar/atomic "squares?"

No -- they're different watches for different price points and different segments of the market.

For me one of the best looking g´s of all, do not own one, but defenitly on my list...could be obsolete on the sensor´s but i think it will a G that will always have value for the collector´s, and it keeps coming on the catalogues for the incoming model´s, if i´m not wrong!
    Taichoukeroro likes this.

For those whom hike with a g-shock...the riseman is MUCH more compact on the wrist...which might not seem like a lot but I like having full range of motion.

I still might buy a Rangeman, but more for looks than for use on my hikes.
    Not as clumsy or as random as a cell phone. An elegant timepiece for a more civilized time.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

I wouldn't call the GW-9200 obsolte but you know the saying: the better is the enemy of good...

The Riseman has some not-so-great points the Rangeman gets rid off, such as:

- far better to push buttons
    - longer backlight
    - not that ultra cheap looking red accents (doesn't apply to all Riseman models of course)
    - better and faster sensors with 1meter increments in the altimeter
    - much less power consumption due to the sensors and the LED backlight (though I like the EL much better personally)
    - better legibility of the display without the shadow casting
    - a compass

And of course the one point, that makes the rangeman so far unique - not only among G'shocK's but in the entire world of digital watches afaik: the direct access button to stw mode.

cheers
    Nemo, Snoweagle, Piowa and 1 others like this.
    We are 12.6 %

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information