Riseman Pics in the South Pacific

Thread: Riseman Pics in the South Pacific

Riseman Pics in the South Pacific

Traveling and thought that I would take a couple of Alti shots by the ocean. Thought it was pretty cool that I was reading 40 feet and the top of the dive steps and 20 feet at the bottom:) Going in the water today and thinking about strapping on the Riseman if I have the extra room. Last night at the bar the barometer pointed straight down and 10 minutes later the rain began. Kind of cool I thought. Couple of the locals said holy crap that thing even predicts rain??? I just told them that it depends on who you ask!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Riseman Pics in the South Pacific

V nice! I have a Riseman, but right now I'd prefer that sea :)
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Thanks. This is first time that I a have used the altimeter. Hey I would trade places with you right now in a heart beat! Then I could take the Riseman to the British Open in St. Andrews.

Curious about something? If I took this thing diving I wonder if the Altimeter would read negative? Kind of hesitant taking the Riseman in the ocean and pressing buttons.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nope, a depth meter isn't just an altimeter taken underwater. So that won't work. But plenty of people operate their Gs' buttons underwater with no ill effect. That's a common question; empirically people use all sorts of Gs underwater ever though the only one ISO rated for scuba diving is the Frogman. They all work!
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Thanks for the good info. Dive computers are required of course so this was just going to be a goofy thing to try.

Good stuff here!

Banned

Damn that water looks GOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jason_recliner View Post
    Damn that water looks GOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!
    There's water in the background?

Oh man and it is. I submerged the Riseman for 10 minutes this morning and it said the water temp was 88.7. Should have taken some pictures of it because I tied it on a piece of fishing line and tossed it over the side to soak. For the first few minutes there were more than a few Nemo's swimming up to it and checking it out. LOL! Lucky a big one didn't steal it!

Quote Originally Posted by Watchkeeping Officer View Post
    There's water in the background?
    Hard core G-Collector here . I would have said that if there was a hot girl in a bikini there lol.
    Rolex Explorer, Tudor Pelagos, Sinn EZM3

Thread Information