Riseman "Sensor" sticker came off, super glue doesn't work with metal plate
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Riseman "Sensor" sticker came off, super glue doesn't work with metal plate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lvt

Exclamation Riseman "Sensor" sticker came off, super glue doesn't work with metal plate

A while ago I made a custom Riseman with a red bezel and metallic white "sensor" sticker, I used super glue to hold the sensor sticker in place.

Name:  DSCF6777.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  283.3 KB

But today when I tried to clean the sticker with an adhesive cotton-stick, the sticker came off, it turned out that once the glue is dried, it will slowly leave the polished metal surface without you being aware of

Name:  DSCF6870.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  248.8 KB
    Ball - Casio / G-shock - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Seiko - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

lvt

Re: Riseman "Sensor" sticker came off, super glue doesn't work with metal plate

So I removed the sticker from the old bezel by pressing from the sizes, the sticker popped out without problem, I cleaned the dried glue on the bezel with acetone and put the old sticker in.

Name:  DSCF6868.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  257.8 KB

So be carreful if you have used super glue on yours.
    Chrisek and david h like this.
    Ball - Casio / G-shock - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Seiko - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

lvt

Casio used a double sided tape on the original sticker, I'm amazed to see the small piece of adhesive that survived almost three years while being exposed to heat or submerged in water without losing its capacity. The only similar product I could guess is the thermal tape used to fix the metal radiator on computer chips, I've found it in decade old computers where temperature is like on Sahara desert and I've had to use tremendous force to remove them by hand.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like it better with black writing, if that's of any help

Seems like standard superglue won't do the job properly, you need something stronger?
    lvt likes this.

lvt

It's nothing wrong with the black decal, I just want it a bit different from others, but I think I will leave it as is for a while.

LUW

I also vote for black; you can't read it if white.
    lvt likes this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

I'll say it again: use contact adhesive

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by rogerlike View Post
    I'll say it again: use contact adhesive

Yes, but which one ? :P

I've looked at 3M, but they are either too thick or too thin, and not water-proof.

lvt

There are some bath room tape, they are water-proof but they are thick like hell.

Why would you dye a limited Orange Riseman (G-9200R) to red, you do realise the Orange ones are as rare as rocking horse ...., I know because I have one, I lost my sticker also so I had to dye a whole bezel and remove it I secured it to my Orange one with contact adhesive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information