Riseman Sync Problem

Thread: Riseman Sync Problem

Riseman Sync Problem

Hey guys,

Got my second G for my birthday. Brand new black Riseman and I am in love. Only thing is that the damn thing didn't sync to DST and it has not synced since 12/22/10 according to the watch. When I try to manually sync it, it gives me a weak signal and says error after a minute or so. Any thoughts? Hope I don't have to send it back.

Re: Riseman Sync Problem

Where are you (and the watch) located?

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Since late November, I've noticed my Casio GW-M5600BC (Solar/Atomic) has had more difficulty synchronizing. The position I'd been using before with pretty much regular success stopped working.

Near midnight, put your watch into manual synchronization mode. Place your watch on a window sill and move it into various positions, watching the signal strength indicator. You need to leave the watch in a given position for about 10 seconds for it to stabilize. The greatest strength position I've found will waver between L2 and L3. But manual synchronizing usually fails--ends with an ERR! message after a few minutes, just like yours does. I'm finding that I need to put the watch in that strongest signal position found and allow for automatic sync. If the sync is successful that night, the time usually shows as a few minutes past 2am.

I'm just guessing that you may be having the same issue and maybe my tip might work for you.

Also... I have a Citizen Eco-drive watch with atomic sync that is more capable than my Casio. If it reports sync with a medium strength signal, the Casio usually fails, and definitely fails if it was a low signal. Before last November, my Citizen showed sync with a high signal strength pretty much regularly. So, something has changed... maybe something atmospheric in my area.
    Last edited by xevious; March 14th, 2011 at 05:52.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

lvt

Mine always syncs when it wants to :P
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Inactive

Have you tried placing it horisontally overnight? The easiest way is to put it with it's face down on a table...

My Riseman didn't sync for more that 2 months and just recently did it the other night. Not since we switched to DST on the east coast of the US, however... I just changed my riseman from Auto to DST = on and all is right with my home city and world times.

Honestly, the Atomic Sync just annoys me at this point. Despite the fact that I have not worn the darn thing in 6 months, I still can't stop checking to see if it synced each morning. My G-7900 just feels more care-free and it's +6 seconds per month.
    --Steve
    --------------------
    "War and courage have done more than love of your neighbor. Not your pity but your bravery has saved the unfortunate thus far."
    --Nietzsche

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

I have a question since we had the DST change this weekend here in the US. I had the DST mode on Auto but it did not compensate for the time change. Is this the right setting? I changed it to DST On and all is corrected but I would have expected it to do this itself. What should I have it set at so it makes these changes itself? I did notice the last time it synced was 03/07/2011.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

WOuldn't you know it, I left it on my night stand overnight as I normally do, woke up this morning, and it was perfectly synced to DST and everything. I am located in NY on top of a very large hill. I am very happy it finally worked though. Maybe since it was new, it had to adjust to being outside of its box or something...

Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post
    I have a question since we had the DST change this weekend here in the US. I had the DST mode on Auto but it did not compensate for the time change. Is this the right setting? I changed it to DST On and all is corrected but I would have expected it to do this itself. What should I have it set at so it makes these changes itself? I did notice the last time it synced was 03/07/2011.
    AUTO is the right setting, but your watch didn't receive a good enough signal to sync, and thereby adjust DST.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

LinkBacks (?)

1. April 2nd, 2011, 04:10

Thread Information