Riseman totally off after rapid altitude change

Thread: Riseman totally off after rapid altitude change

Riseman totally off after rapid altitude change

First off, I know changes in alt and pressure affect either reading, but mine is so far off I can't calibrate my pressure. I did a quick search in forums, but I'm on my iPhone and can't figure this riseman out. I drove and dropped 1700 ft in 1 hr, and my watch is all out of wack. The pressure is out of normal range so it just displays dashes now, and it won't let me calibrate the pressure. I'm confident altitude is accurate. I know the manual says pressure readings will show once back within normal limits, but I can't calibrate anything and I won't be gaining my altitude back. Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by Austin1983; September 10th, 2009 at 23:46.
    AUSTIN

GW9200-1 Riseman
    GW9000A-1 Mudman
    GW5600J-1
    GW700BDJ

Re: Riseman totally off after rapid altitude change

I can think of 2 things either the adjusted pressure reading went below the -900 meter mark if so just temporary calibrate it back to factory default (off). It should recover then.

Another possibility is that the charge is below Medium. Check the state of the battery, the altimeter will be turned off if it the charge goes below Medium.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    I can think of 2 things either the adjusted pressure reading went below the -900 meter mark if so just temporary calibrate it back to factory default (off). It should recover then.

Another possibility is that the charge is below Medium. Check the state of the battery, the altimeter will be turned off if it the charge goes below Medium.
    I actually went above 1100. How do I get it back to factory default?
    AUSTIN

GW9200-1 Riseman
    GW9000A-1 Mudman
    GW5600J-1
    GW700BDJ

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Austin1983 View Post
    I drove and dropped 1700 ft in 1 hr, and my watch is all out of wack.
    There is nothing wrong with your Riseman. That is perfectly normal.

I have done the same thing, and had the same experience. I'm away from the manual, so I cannot quote you the time, but it only takes readings every so often and when you drop or climb quickly the gauge goes into a mode which does not show any reading. There is nothing to do, except allow time to pass for it to recover on it's own. If you attempt any adjustments during this period then you will only make it worse.

If you want a watch that will give you accurate readouts under conditions like that, you must buy a true ABC watch like a Suunto Core for example. That's what I use and they are very accurate. Here is a link for you: http://www.suunto.com/suunto/main/pr...&bmUID=idqc9Fv

Cheers...

Thread Information