Riseman Weirdness - Ghost in the machine?

Thread: Riseman Weirdness - Ghost in the machine?

Riseman Weirdness - Ghost in the machine?

Any thoughts on this one? After A day of swimming in the cold Maine ocean, my riseman's screen went blank. Nothing. No pressing of buttons would do anything. The only sign of life was a minuscule flashing "C" in the lower left corner. Convinced it was dead and likely flooded, I almost threw it away and thought I had my excuse for a 7900. An hour later, it came back to life. Running like it always was. Never lost a second. 24 hours later and it's still good. No condensation or any signs of water damage.

I checked a couple of times during the course of the day while swimming. There was never visible signs of water entry. I'm active and this watch is always outside. It hasn't left the high charge mark since the first month I had it. Oh yeah., it's about a year and a half old.
    --Steve
    --------------------
    "War and courage have done more than love of your neighbor. Not your pity but your bravery has saved the unfortunate thus far."
    --Nietzsche

Re: Riseman Weirdness - Ghost in the machine?

If it's an atomic model, do you think it was trying to sync?

Neil

Little talk about a riseman flashing c in this thread. Hope that it helps.
    http://forums2.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=243306

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the link. Interesting. There is no way it should have been below High charge and am thinking it's a faulty battery/module. Yes, it is an atomic version, but No, it never tries to sync mid day. Only in the early am. Will investigate further, but thanks for the replies.
    --Steve
    --------------------
    "War and courage have done more than love of your neighbor. Not your pity but your bravery has saved the unfortunate thus far."
    --Nietzsche

When cold a battery looses its charge. Could have been the case here, it got cold, went into recovery mode, got warm again and back to normal.
    When you have the patience to watch grass grow, where is the watch for?

If it came back to life as before I don't think it would be a battery issue - surely the battery would zero the time until the watch synced?

Could it just be the cold affecting the screen? I know with some displays the cold will just stop them from working and leave you with a blank screen (despite the device running as normal in the background) until it has warmed up enough to show the display again - if you were swimming in a cold sea could that have done it?

Banned

My guess is faulty display. It wasn't the battery because that would have reset it. The display shouldn't give up even if you put it in the freezer. And you certainly weren't swimming in water that cold. If you still have warranty on it, I'd send it in. I'd also try the same thing again and see if it does it again. Keep us posted.

Till

Did you have Auto EL turned on? All of the motion while swimming with the watch underwater would activate the EL and put your watch in recover mode.

Thread Information