RIT Dye Whitener/Brightener or White Wash on yellowed jelly
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: RIT Dye Whitener/Brightener or White Wash on yellowed jelly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RIT Dye Whitener/Brightener or White Wash on yellowed jelly

as the tittle said, has anyone tried RIT Dye Whitener/Brightener or White Wash on yellowed/aged jelly - either dyed or undyed? how's the result?
    thinking doing this since if it works, then i'll have whiter/cleaner jelly base for the colouring so i have better luck in aiming the color i want.
    Last edited by domoon; October 17th, 2015 at 12:58.

Re: RIT Dye Whitener/Brightener or White Wash on yellowed jelly

its only to whiten something thats already white, it cant change yellow to white. your only option is to go darker to cover it completely or depending on how yellow it is, use a compatible colour to create a yellow based colour greens, teals, oranges etc. good luck
    domoon and Schwizzle like this.
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Quote Originally Posted by soulbridgemedia View Post
    its only to whiten something thats already white, it cant change yellow to white. your only option is to go darker to cover it completely or depending on how yellow it is, use a compatible colour to create a yellow based colour greens, teals, oranges etc. good luck
    ordered the white wash already >_<... did some google last night and stumbled upon this article. they said it's for yellowed and dingy cloth.. granted our object here is resin and not cloth, but curiousity get the best of me and as far as my google fu can find, noone reported whether they've tried it or not and what the result are. so, i decided to just give it a go for the sake of science xD
    will report back with the result next month. usually it took 25+ days for a package from US to reach here. tried asking several local G-shock community where to get a RIT dye powder but no luck so i had to import it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by domoon View Post
    as the tittle said, has anyone tried RIT Dye Whitener/Brightener or White Wash on yellowed/aged jelly - either dyed or undyed? how's the result?
    thinking doing this since if it works, then i'll have whiter/cleaner jelly base for the colouring so i have better luck in aiming the color i want.
    I had some luck with sea glow but not enough of a difference to justify buying it. And the results are temporary.
    domoon likes this.

ordered the white wash already >_<... did some google last night and stumbled upon this article. they said it's for yellowed and dingy cloth.. granted our object here is resin and not cloth, but curiousity get the best of me and as far as my google fu can find, noone reported whether they've tried it or not and what the result are. so, i decided to just give it a go for the sake of science xD
    will report back with the result next month. usually it took 25+ days for a package from US to reach here. tried asking several local G-shock community where to get a RIT dye powder but no luck so i had to import it.
    I've tried this before and soulbridge is right. It messed up my white-yellow resin band even more. Oh, and the stuff STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN. Seriously, wear a face mask, the fumes that come off can't be good for you.
    domoon and soulbridgemedia like this.
    Seiko SKX781 "Orange Monster"; Deep Blue Protac 1k; Deep Blue DayNight T25; Traser P5900
    G-Shocks: G5600GR ; G5600CC ; G7900A-7 ; MTGM900 ; MTG910DA ; GW2500B ; MTGM530 ; G7900-2DR; GW6900A ; G7900MS ; GLX 5600

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    I had some luck with sea glow but not enough of a difference to justify buying it. And the results are temporary.
    at first i tought it's a color for jelly resin, turned out it's a product brand xD sorry, i'm not familiar with that brand since it's not available here. i'm just aiming for cleaner base for the time of dyeing. if then it starts aging again, it can't be helped... not even factory finish stands the test of time :)

speaking of aging... how long till the dyed jelly usually start changing in color again?

Quote Originally Posted by Schwizzle View Post
    I've tried this before and soulbridge is right. It messed up my white-yellow resin band even more. Oh, and the stuff STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN. Seriously, wear a face mask, the fumes that come off can't be good for you.
    white yellow solid or jelly? do u still have the pic/remember what happened?

white yellow solid or jelly? do u still have the pic/remember what happened?
    It was a solid matte white band for the G5600GR-7. I never took any pics, but the band was already yellowish in places, and the dye didn't interact well with the resin itself, left more splotches of yellow if I remember right. It was a while ago now. It's possible I didn't use the dye right. I've done successful black dye jobs before, but black is easy by nature. The black dye job was on the bezel for the G7900MS (olive version).
    Last edited by Schwizzle; October 21st, 2015 at 05:31.
    domoon likes this.
    Seiko SKX781 "Orange Monster"; Deep Blue Protac 1k; Deep Blue DayNight T25; Traser P5900
    G-Shocks: G5600GR ; G5600CC ; G7900A-7 ; MTGM900 ; MTG910DA ; GW2500B ; MTGM530 ; G7900-2DR; GW6900A ; G7900MS ; GLX 5600

Quote Originally Posted by Schwizzle View Post
    It was a solid matte white band for the G5600GR-7. I never took any pics, but the band was already yellowish in places, and the dye didn't interact will with the resin itself, left more splotches of yellow if I remember right. It was a while ago now. It's possible I didn't use the dye right. I've done successful black dye jobs before, but black is easy by nature. The black dye job was on the bezel for the G7900MS (olive version).
    whoa, if it'll interfere with the resin and dye process after then i'd rather start off with with the colors straight away :|
    Schwizzle likes this.

not sure the price or the shipping from usa but i could buy it here and send it to you no problem (:

also the jellies i have dyed have kept their colour well, even after very heavy use.
    and yes, resin is VERY different to fabric!
    domoon and Schwizzle like this.
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Quote Originally Posted by soulbridgemedia View Post
    not sure the price or the shipping from usa but i could buy it here and send it to you no problem (:

also the jellies i have dyed have kept their colour well, even after very heavy use.
    and yes, resin is VERY different to fabric!
    Thank you for the kind offer, but got some from ebay incoming already, along with some acrylic fabric medium for acrylic paint from the same seller - but that's for a different D.I.Y project :D the shipping cost seems vary, from .99 to 15... Of course i opted the ones at the top of the list when sorted by price+shipping lowest :p i insisted with getting rit since in most dyeing guide and thread i read said they're the one with most consistent result as long as it's not over diluted with water.

I type butter when on my phone
    Schwizzle and soulbridgemedia like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information