Rotating Bezels

Thread: Rotating Bezels

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rotating Bezels

Hello again.

As i continue my search for an ABC watch i find myself wondering about which of those with the compass have the rotating bezel?

Some of the models have a bezel marked with compass points, which i like, and i presume these rotate. Like the PRG40-7

Now i really like that watch but want Solar and for that i can not find the bezel marked, a feature i really like. So, is there a watch out there with Solar and a bezel like the one above.

The PRG80 bezel seems to serve no purpose? Is that so?

Cheers again for your help.

Re: Rotating Bezels

Yes the 1500 series or PRG 130 (no atomic clock reception) has a rotating bezel & solar power, Ti bracelet or resin strap

Q-6
    Last edited by Queen6; August 23rd, 2008 at 12:42.

I did look at those but can't get my head round the blobby buttons or the smaller screen, i know i know too fussy by half!

I prefer the look of the 40 or 80 and like the buttons better. I was hoping there was one out there with the rotating bezel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

may I ask what you need the rotating bezel for (other than sheer cosmetics)?

regards, holger

Nothing!

I have always and i mean always had dive watches and would feel lost if i could not turn part of the case. Sad i know but there it is.

I could possibly live without but if there is one out there then i would rather have that.:thanks

@ carl,

well I see your point, in fact I feel the same about anaolg watches. if an analog watch doesn't have a rotating bezel (along with a date window), it is simply inclompete to me and uninteresting, no matter how much I might like the rest of it. a rotatable bezel is a great and essential thing on analogs for timing or to show a second timezone.

however, I never felt that way on digital watches because they usually have a countdown timer, (that is as essential on a digital watch to me as the RB on an analog) stopwatch second timezone/world time etc...

anyway, currently the PRG-40 and the far more advanced PRW-1500 are the only casio ABC watches with a rotatable bezel. you wrote that you prefer solar, so this would make the 1500 actually your only choice. personally I would recommend and prefer one of the PRG-80 models, but as you know there is no rotating bezel either - besides the bezel of the 80's are a very good, rocksolid protection for the crystal, really very tough.

you will find RB's on suunto watches, but none of them are solar powered, so you have a real dilemma, just looks like your perfect watch hasn't been made yet....

regards, holger

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

I would find it really strange on a watch if it had NESW on the bezel and it didn't rotate.

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

How can it be?

So many watches and yet not exactly what i want.........crikey!

All that this site offers though is unbelievable and the choice now has gone to a PRG-80, cheers Cal..45 you have pushed me over the edge. I just hope that i do not need another one after that!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl.1 View Post
    All that this site offers though is unbelievable and the choice now has gone to a PRG-80, cheers Cal..45 you have pushed me over the edge. I just hope that i do not need another one after that!....
    ....and I hope you don't blame me if things turn out otherwise, 'cause you're at the WUS casio forum and that means usually....

....well I guess you will figure out early enough yourself.....

regards, holger

p.s. the PRG80 is really a great choice, don't worry I wouldn't recommend it if I wasn't convinced about it.

Welcome to the Darkside

"Don't underestimate the power of the Force"

Link - Protrek PRG-80 in portrait

Link - Are Protrek`s Accurate?

Q-6

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information