Rotation

Thread: Rotation

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rotation

Was wondering how you guys decided? I find myself still glued to the Riseman and it's barometer. When I go out in my Tag Aquaracer it just feels like something is missing though. Anything outside seems to be right for the Riseman from yard work to fishing but for working out, strapping on the Mudman is really good. Do you guys generally have different work, play and dress G's in your rotations? I'm also anxiously waiting for the new Gulfman to come out:)

Thanks!

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

Re: Rotation

I am usually wearing either my DW5600E-1V, DW5600EG-1V, DW6600-1V or my Solar G5600E. Right now, I'm wearing my G-7100 that I just received 2 days ago.

It's only ever gut feeling for me. I open the drawer full of watches and one always seems to be the right one at the time. Often I go to the drawer with a watch in mind, but when I open it and see them another one takes over and gets worn.

Seriously. No idea how I decide - it doesn't really seem up to me ever!
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have a 'random ritual'. On Friday evening, using a random number generator, I select the watch that will be on my wrist for the following seven days.

I buy watches that suit me, rather than particular occasions or activities, so whichever is selected will be fine.

It works for me. It means I don't have the agony of choice and it helps identify which ones I might move on - nothing separates the sheep from the goats better than enforced wearing...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I decide which G to wear by the activities I will be doing that day
    Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

K42

I'll usually swap between my GW-M5600 and GW-2500B throughout the week as a daily wearer. Once in a while I'll throw on one of my 25th Anniv. editions for the evening for light wearing.

I only have 4 G-Shocks, with a 5th on the way. It's nice to have so few so I can get more time with each.

Hi,
    the new one normally gets the most wrist time - but after a week it's back to my normal rotation. I usually got 2-4 models that get the most wrist time. Right now it's mainly the G-7800B and the G-7710-1 with a little wrist time for either G-8000-1 or DW-5000SL every now and then.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

I simply swap out daily. I go to the next one in the watch case. Been doing that since January of this year.
    -Jimmy Mac!-
    "Was She Looking At Me or Was She Looking at My G?"

I have a DW-6900 thats pretty banged up that I wear for yard work or atv ridin among other things, as for my fishing, I like to wear the Riseman, but other than that, I have a mint DW-5300 that I wear around the house or out to dinner, gotta be my all time favorite, either that or the GWF-1000 Frog. All the rest of my G's I like to rotate wearing them to work, I work in conditions that won't bang em up or scuff em so it's cool.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Do you guys generally have different work, play and dress G's in your rotations? I'm also anxiously waiting for the new Gulfman to come out:)

Thanks!
    i don't. they all serve the same basic function for me even though feature sets vary.

i rotate them kinda like this:
    favorite G couple of days, secondary G's one day then back to favorite G. i throw in an annolog of another make one day a week.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information