A/S Mudman keeps reseting! (aka: They don't make 'em like they used to...)
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: A/S Mudman keeps reseting! (aka: They don't make 'em like they used to...)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rolling eyes A/S Mudman keeps reseting! (aka: They don't make 'em like they used to...)

The first time this happened I wrote it off as a fluke... but now that it's happened twice in three weeks the "fluke" has been upgraded to a "problem".

My Mudman is about 5 years old, in pretty decent shape. I don't beat it up, don't drive over it, don't drop it off buildings, etc. I wear it at night to sleep and when I do any sports/activity.

The problem is that it seems to be randomly resetting to it's factory default... 00:00 on 01/01/2004 in the Tokyo timezone. It seems to be happening during the day because when I put it on at night before bed the time is around 10 or 11 am.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it? Or is the watch a write-off?
    twincity likes this.
    G-Shock GW9000A-1
    G-Shock G-1000H
    Seiko SKX781 Orange Monster
    Citizen Eco-Drive Blue Angels Skyhawk A-T
    Citizen
    Eco-Drive Modena
    Skagen Disney Titanium

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: A/S Mudman keeps reseting! (aka: They don't make 'em like they used to...)

I presume you are referring to the GW-9000 according to your signature?

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

May be the battery is no longer holding the charge?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GShockMe View Post
    That's my first guess as well -- what IS the battery indicator LCD showing? If you're only wearing it at night and when you do sports/activities, it might just need to BE charged up!

If it IS a problem with the battery, the watch is hardly a "write-off." Just put a new battery in there: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/how...ery-41076.html
    Last edited by Mike K; August 15th, 2013 at 20:41.

Quote Originally Posted by GShockMe View Post
    Possible, but the battery indicator shows "H"igh. It had dropped to "M"edium earlier this year, but a day on the windowsill and it was back up to H and has been there ever since. Also, since this resetting started (late July) it hasn't synced once overnight.
    G-Shock GW9000A-1
    G-Shock G-1000H
    Citizen
    Eco-Drive Modena
    Skagen Disney Titanium

LUW

Do you work with or get near radios or other electronic devices that emit strong EM radiation?
    Cheers!
    Luciano

LUW: Not that I know of. Incidentally, these resets are happening during the day when I'm not actually wearing the watch. It's at home, in my basement, on a shelf.
    G-Shock GW9000A-1
    G-Shock G-1000H
    Citizen
    Eco-Drive Modena
    Skagen Disney Titanium

LUW

Weird. Well, in that case, even though the battery is showing H, you could have a faulty battery, and that would be the simplest explanation. Would it be too much hassle trying a new battery?
    Cheers!
    Luciano

This is a battery problem, plain and simple. Charge level and the battery's ability to consistently supply current are two different things, and sadly the charge indicator does not measure the latter.

The failure to sync is a give away. The demand for current is overwhelming the failing battery. I wouldn't be surprised if this is causing the resets to happen at sync time. Try turning auto sync off for now.

Does it drop out when you use backlight too?

Quote Originally Posted by Raceaddict View Post
    Possible, but the battery indicator shows "H"igh. It had dropped to "M"edium earlier this year, but a day on the windowsill and it was back up to H and has been there ever since. Also, since this resetting started (late July) it hasn't synced once overnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raceaddict View Post
    LUW: Not that I know of. Incidentally, these resets are happening during the day when I'm not actually wearing the watch. It's at home, in my basement, on a shelf.
    Did it synch previously in the basement, on a shelf?

I'm just curious because my solar/atomics NEVER synch in my basement, where the rec room/"man cave" is, unless I put them on the Colorado-facing windowsill. My computer desk is underneath a different window, and they have never synched from there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information