Sand / Beige coloured G-Shocks
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fujoor

Thread: Sand / Beige coloured G-Shocks

Sand / Beige coloured G-Shocks

I was wondering whether the bezel and straps of the DW-5600M-8, DW-5600EW and GW-M5610SD are all slightly different shades of beige/grey. It looks like it from the pictures but if anyone has handled them in person I'd be interested in yr experience. Cheers!

Re: Sand / Beige coloured G-Shocks

I have this DW-5000D screwback which I put on a DW-5600M-8 bezel and strap. It has a nice beige shade. Even if it looks white in these pictures it is more beige/sand colored irl.

Name:  DSC_0006.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  913.6 KBName:  DSC_0006 (1).jpg
Views: 111
Size:  1.49 MBName:  DSC_0014.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  1.43 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Fujoor View Post
    I have this DW-5000D screwback which I put on a DW-5600M-8 bezel and strap. It has a nice beige shade. Even if it looks white in these pictures it is more beige/sand colored irl.
    Very nice, good call! The M-8 looks almost grey in some of the marketing shots.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Electronic filtering, programs, and reproduction on machines using a different proprietary concept create a lot of problems with that on the internet. I even did it myself using a Canon digital, taking pics of an item in "Foliage Green." Against different backgrounds it went from a washed out Olive Drab to a blue gray mix. That color does blend well but against a cream vs red background my camera adjusted things and lost what it really was. Posted on line and it got even more different.

When I was first looking into G Shocks I wanted a GA in something close to coyote and found one in "sand" which in many instances turned out to be "grey mist" on line - and it was the biggest complaint on vendor feedback. It wasn't the traditional warm tan many would associate with it. I gave up on that and just got black. It's hard to mess up black.

More pics will point this out, especially when others photo identical models but with different cams, etc. It's been noted in other forums years back, I'm not sure we will ever fix it. It would take a calibrated cam and display with the specific item given it's color code number to get even close. If anything it's why there are is a good working opportunity for the visual arts on line, to fix this mess of color renditions to at least deliver a decent product.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

I like it. A pity the CASIO corporation seeks to nip customization in the bud by restricting the sale of resin. All of the 5600M resin (bezel, straps) is restricted. So you have to buy a DW-5600M in order to get the resin. Sucks...
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Thread Information