A Saturday walk In Tropical Cairns 27 degrees and sunny (12 LARGE Photos)

Thread: A Saturday walk In Tropical Cairns 27 degrees and sunny (12 LARGE Photos)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Off topic A Saturday walk In Tropical Cairns 27 degrees and sunny (12 LARGE Photos)

Hi allB-)

I took these photos with all you WUS G-Shock guys and girls in mind as a small refreshing break from G-Shock's for a few minutes

These photos will give you an idea what Cairns feels and looks like

After the recent cyclone and floods, the park has been pretty much cleared of all debris, broken trees, etc.

However, their is one small reminder left. It's a man eating saltwater crocodile that made his way into this lake when the river rose above the bank. The small river is about 20 feet away.

You will see the trap set on the lake with a dead chicken inside.

I have seen him twice and he usually comes up onto the middle mud bank at between 3-4pm.

I usually ride my bike past here but today went for a walk with Rieko my wife.

Today was rather hot and sunny and we arrived at 3pm. I guess he was waiting until later on today for the sun to get cooler.

We couldn't hang around any longer as we were both being attacked by a tiny little fly named a sand fly. Boy do they bite and bite all over

I used to live in Cairns in the late 80's, early 90's. It has changed a lot since these days and has become rather a busy city with people moving up here from down South (Sydney, Melbourne) for a "Sea Change".

Cairn's is expanding at a rapid pace and small towns both ways are all coming together as is the traffic.

It's not what it used to be and I'm out of here as soon as we complete some things we have to do.

Great place for a holiday

I apologize to all you people who have a weak internet connection as these photos are rather large so you can get the full details of the picture.

Give them time to download:thanks

Hope you enjoy them and some photos of the place you live would be nice, I'm sure for us all to appreciate.

Enjoy the photos

UBU

Re: A Saturday walk In Tropical Cairns 27 degrees and sunny (12 LARGE Photos)

Hi OZZIE,

good pics, thx for sharing

regs from Germany

Uwe

Wouldn't that croc trap work better with a live chicken?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

GREAT PICS OZ
    now i got to go post some
    thanks buddy lol

Cool Pics! I have been to Cairns in 1992 and had a great time. Did a whole jungle train tour and later they showed us the proper way of using the boomerang. Spent some time in a bar called End of the World, or something like that. Don't know if its still there.
    ...It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live!

Quote Originally Posted by ColdHit
    Cool Pics! I have been to Cairns in 1992 and had a great time. Did a whole jungle train tour and later they showed us the proper way of using the boomerang. Spent some time in a bar called End of the World, or something like that. Don't know if its still there.
    End Of The World brings back great memories of endless nights and mornings:-DIt's now Johnos Blues Bar, which itself used to be on the Esplanade above Mc Donalds.

Opposite End Of The World was a big park. That's now gone and a massive resort sits on once what was.

The Blues Bar is nothing like the original funky place it used to be.

The whole scene has changed.

Cairns used to be a great small local place and the locals were a definite minority which kept us all together.

It's now become a city in itself and the economy is slowly being drawn away from tourism as the population grows and keeps growing, and in turn industry starts.

The roads here are now congested, crimes up, the nature is slowly being developed, and it's on the road to major.

Still a great place for the youngsters migrating up here for a few years of fun and beer

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE
    The roads here are now congested, crimes up, the nature is slowly being developed, and it's on the road to major.
    That's too bad. Maybe one day I will take another trip out there. The Cairns I remember was really laid back.

Before Cairns, I stopped at Sydney for about 5 days and did the whole tourist thing. Visited the Opera House (which is amazing), Botanical Gardens, the Zoo via ferry, and had a great time at Kings Cross (not going to get into that subject). The Pea soup with the local kiosks was great.

Definitely need to go back.
    ...It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live!

Quote Originally Posted by ColdHit
    That's too bad. Maybe one day I will take another trip out there. The Cairns I remember was really laid back.

Before Cairns, I stopped at Sydney for about 5 days and did the whole tourist thing. Visited the Opera House (which is amazing), Botanical Gardens, the Zoo via ferry, and had a great time at Kings Cross (not going to get into that subject). The Pea soup with the local kiosks was great.

Definitely need to go back.
    Hi Cold -

Sydney is actually my home town. Not sure if you visisted a small town on Sydney Harbour named Watsons Bay?

That's where I'm from.

The Zoo trip from Circular Quay is beautiful as is the Opera House and Botannic Gardens.

The Pea soup in the Cross is great:-X

Better get some sleep over here.

Great pics...thanks for sharing Ozzie

Smile Hi Terry

Hi Terry -

Great to hear from you

Are you still coming to Cairns?

You must have some good pics from when you were here last time?

I's amazing how well these small digital camera phoros turn outB-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information