Saw a fellow g-lover

Thread: Saw a fellow g-lover

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Saw a fellow g-lover

I was at work today(bowling alley) and when a man came up to the counter i couldnt help but notice he was wearing a ana-digi g-shock. idk what model it was but i just got happy seeing someone wear a g. lol, there is my story for the day

Re: Saw a fellow g-lover

I still have to meet another WIS in the flesh. I have in the past commented on other folks watches only to be met with a strange quizzical look

But thanks to this site and many others I know people like me are out there.

Just say "Nice watch!" and you'll either get a "Thanks!" or it'll spark a conversation. At Target today I saw a woman of a certain age with a bright red G-lide. I thought it was so cool I just told her it was nice as I passed by and I got a big smile and thanks.

I do have fun spotting others with G's, pretty common in NYC actually.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I saw an employee with a Pathfinder at an AT&T store (was buying a modem for my internet connection). I could not tell which model it was, but the guy showed ZERO reaction when I said "nice watch man". I then realized that we are a sick and twisted group of individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by franzy View Post
    I saw an employee with a Pathfinder at an AT&T store (was buying a modem for my internet connection). I could not tell which model it was, but the guy showed ZERO reaction when I said "nice watch man". I then realized that we are a sick and twisted group of individuals.
    that is why we are here for a group therapy :)

Yesterday at the pub I saw this bloke wearing a white 5600, I didn't ask him about it as he is not a local, but its great to see other fellow G-wearers around!
    Stowa Marine Automatic solid silver dial Hamilton Jazzmaster Power Reserve | Jazzmaster Viewmatic Seiko 5 SNZD13J1 | 5 SNZE87J1 Parnis Power Reserve Accurist Kinetic Chronograph MB 560 Casio (G-Shock) GW50001JF | DW5200C | DW5600C | DW5600R3 | G7800B1DR | DW6600 |​ DW6630B (modded) Casio (Protrek) PRG-240B

I see quite a few - one every couple of days at a guess. Probably half of them are models or colours which I know are not available from high street stores in the UK, so there must be a good number of people who are educated about Gs and where to hunt them!
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine View Post
    I see quite a few - one every couple of days at a guess. Probably half of them are models or colours which I know are not available from high street stores in the UK, so there must be a good number of people who are educated about Gs and where to hunt them!

Haha! You guys'd love it in Hong Kong. Walking home from the post office a few days ago during the lunch rush I decided to count...I counted ELEVEN G-Shocks in 3 blocks, including two cops wearing matching gloss black G-Lides, and the third cop with the black/orange 5600 "crazy colours". People here just love watches in general, and there's a watch store of some kind on practically every block on major streets.

I was quite impressed to finally see a frogman in the flesh - in particular a white model on the wrist of someone I served in work the other day.

I will have to admit I didn't say anything at the time, though I figure a watch as different as a white frogman must be a WIS...

Quote Originally Posted by narcosynthesis View Post
    I was quite impressed to finally see a frogman in the flesh - in particular a white model on the wrist of someone I served in work the other day.

I will have to admit I didn't say anything at the time, though I figure a watch as different as a white frogman must be a WIS...
    What does WIS stand for?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information