Score one more for the G

Thread: Score one more for the G

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Score one more for the G

Okay, so I was at the gym earlier today, getting dressed after another session with my PT. I had just put on my denims when I heard a startled cry. I looked to my left, and three locker doors away was this 50-ish looking guy, holding what appeared to be a Seiko 5 wristwatch. Apparently he dropped it from the top locker as he was getting dressed, and he looked really worried as he was inspecting the crystal and the case for any sign of damage. I almost had the urge to go up to him and remarking, "Dude, have you ever considered a G-Shock?"

Of course I was wearing my camo white Mudman, which made me think how easy it is for it to shrug off a fall like that. Not to feel smug (well, okay, just a little), but those kinds of situations only affirm that I made the right choice to go with the G.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

Re: Score one more for the G

Hehe. The Mudman ... I think you would actually have to try pretty hard to break one of those cases. Toughest watch I have ever seen. I used to throw mine around the room randomly, let the kids play with the light button in the bath .... Nothing fazed it.
    -- Gray
    Current Favourite: PRG240 (the orange-tinted one)

why didnt you intentionally drop your Mudman like how he dropped his automatic?

and do it around 3 consecutive times . . . . .

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by deggy.PH View Post
    why didnt you intentionally drop your Mudman like how he dropped his automatic?

and do it around 3 consecutive times . . . . .
    The Mudman may be up to it, but I wasn't; my thighs are still sore from all those weights!
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

I wear my GW9010 Mudman or my Citizen Eco-Drive Diver's watch when I go to the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Okay, so I was at the gym earlier today, getting dressed after another session with my PT. I had just put on my denims when I heard a startled cry. I looked to my left, and three locker doors away was this 50-ish looking guy, holding what appeared to be a Seiko 5 wristwatch. Apparently he dropped it from the top locker as he was getting dressed, and he looked really worried as he was inspecting the crystal and the case for any sign of damage. I almost had the urge to go up to him and remarking, "Dude, have you ever considered a G-Shock?"

Of course I was wearing my camo white Mudman, which made me think how easy it is for it to shrug off a fall like that. Not to feel smug (well, okay, just a little), but those kinds of situations only affirm that I made the right choice to go with the G.
    What a coincidence, Bogeyman. (A little too coincidental, perhaps).

Seiko 5 watches are shock-resistant: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=183720

Are you sure it was a Seiko 5? And was there any actual damage to the supposed Seiko 5?
    "I bet you're a big Lee Marvin fan."

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler View Post
    What a coincidence, Bogeyman. (A little too coincidental, perhaps).

Seiko 5 watches are shock-resistant: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=183720

Are you sure it was a Seiko 5? And was there any actual damage to the supposed Seiko 5?
    Sure didn't look like a Tag to me. I didn't want to appear suspicious, but I did catch a glimpse of the logo on the dial. Far as I was, I couldn't discern major cracks on the crystal, but I couldn't say for certain if the stainless steel case didn't sustain any dings or if the crystal itself didn't sustain scratches. It was a concrete floor, after all.

But that's not the point; the point is that such anxieties wouldn't exist with a G-Shock. I once owned a Seiko 5 myself, a gift from my cousin; beautiful stainless steel piece with gold hands, digits and a checkered black and gray dial. Goes perfectly well with either casual or dapper threads. But the problem was the raised crystal, and when part of that crystal lodged itself onto the dial after I was horsing around with some friends, I instantly knew that I should never have settled for anything less than a G. Now, there's no looking back.

Finally, as I've mentioned in another thread, I'd like to see a Seiko 5 stand up to this:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...ghlight=G-2310
    Last edited by Bogeyman; March 31st, 2009 at 06:07.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

Laughing Re: Score one more for the G

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    But that's not the point; the point is that such anxieties wouldn't exist with a G-Shock.
    LMAO!

There are guys on this forum applying ArmorAll to their G-Shock straps to protect them. There are guys on this forum applying thin transparent sheets to their G-Shock crystals to protect them. There are guys on this forum with piles of replacement bezels and straps. There are guys on this forum that have returned dozens of G-Shocks to Amazon because of supposed "cosmetic flaws" on them. There are guys on this forum that panic when their atomic G-Shock misses a sync for one night. There are guys on this forum that fret over every little minor ding to their G-Shock bezels.

No anxieties with G-Shocks? Amigo, we must be reading different forums. This is OCD heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler View Post
    There are guys on this forum applying ArmorAll to their G-Shock straps to protect them. There are guys on this forum applying thin transparent sheets to their G-Shock crystals to protect them. There are guys on this forum with piles of replacement bezels and straps. There are guys on this forum that have returned dozens of G-Shocks to Amazon because of supposed "cosmetic flaws" on them. There are guys on this forum that panic when their atomic G-Shock misses a sync for one night.
    There is "a" guy, and we all know who that is.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler
    There are guys on this forum that fret over every little minor ding to their G-Shock bezels.
    Granted, yet multiply that a hundred times over with a stainless steel watch. A G-Shock bezel can be procured separately, a stainless steel watch case cannot (not where I'm from, anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler
    No anxieties with G-Shocks? Amigo, we must be reading different forums. This is OCD heaven.
    I never said no anxieties in general, but as far as taking falls is concerned (which is what I've been talking about), that's the least of your problems with a G.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; March 31st, 2009 at 06:15.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

There is "a" guy, and we all know who that is.
    Okay, you got me there. Excuse my use of the plural.

Granted, yet multiply that a hundred times over with a stainless steel watch. A G-Shock bezel can be procured separately, a stainless steel watch case cannot.
    True, but I don't see your point. I doubt I would ever need to replace a steel watch case.

I never said no anxieties in general, but as far as taking falls is concerned (which is what I've been talking about), that's the least of your problems with a G.
    I'm not a watch expert, Bogey. Seiko 5 watches are supposed to be shock-resistant. How shock-resistant? I don't know, and I don't intentionally abuse my watches simply for the sake of testing them. However, the Seiko SKZ255 is the timekeeping equivalent of the Hummer H1. It is more than tough enough for my purposes. Falls are not the only test of durability and ruggedness.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information