Scratched my Shock four days in
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Scratched my Shock four days in

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Close to the Southernmost Point continental USA

Scratched my Shock four days in

I have only had this one four days and I already scratched the crystal. But unlike those awesome stories of wear and tear this happened when traveling when I haphazardly threw it in my suitcase. I have no idea what object did it as I can’t think of anything sharp in there but man am I depressed about it.

Oh well. Maybe someday I can wear the rest of it out to the point where it looks like patina and not negligence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rolex: Explorer I Mk II 214270; Submariner Ceramic 116610LN
    Omega: Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M 38mm Blue Teak
    Garmin: MARQ Expedition
    Tag Heuer: Carrera WV211A
    Glycine: Airman 18 Black to Blue
    Suunto: D6i
    Casio: GG-B100-1A3JF (Khaki); GG-B100-1AJF (Blackout); GWF-D1000-1JF Frogman

Re: Scratched my Shock four days in

It's cool man... ladies dig scars.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Colderamstel likes this.

Still a great looking watch, man. Nobody is going to notice those scratches but you. Everyone else will just think it's a G-SHOCK being a G-SHOCK.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Colderamstel View Post
    I have only had this one four days and I already scratched the crystal. But unlike those awesome stories of wear and tear this happened when traveling when I haphazardly threw it in my suitcase. I have no idea what object did it as I can’t think of anything sharp in there but man am I depressed about it.

Oh well. Maybe someday I can wear the rest of it out to the point where it looks like patina and not negligence.

Doesn't look too deep, if you're have a Dremel, you can use a small buff and buff it out or take it to watch shop

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
    Colderamstel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ACace1 View Post
    It's cool man... ladies dig scars.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Yeah ladies only like scars on the face when looking for short term partners.

Close to the Southernmost Point continental USA

Quote Originally Posted by plasticcool View Post
    Doesn't look too deep, if you're have a Dremel, you can use a small buff and buff it out or take it to watch shop

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
    It’s not awful, if it were a more expensive model I would be more upset. I am probably just going to live with it or maybe swap the negative screen and black parts into a white resin version and make a storm trooper 800.

Dxnnis likes this.
    Rolex: Explorer I Mk II 214270; Submariner Ceramic 116610LN
    Omega: Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M 38mm Blue Teak
    Garmin: MARQ Expedition
    Tag Heuer: Carrera WV211A
    Glycine: Airman 18 Black to Blue
    Suunto: D6i
    Casio: GG-B100-1A3JF (Khaki); GG-B100-1AJF (Blackout); GWF-D1000-1JF Frogman

Quote Originally Posted by Colderamstel View Post
    It’s not awful, if it were a more expensive model I would be more upset. I am probably just going to live with it or maybe swap the negative screen and black parts into a white resin version and make a storm trooper 800.

if it was a more expensive model, you wouldnt have thrown it into your suitcase. treat it like a beater, itll end up like a beater ;p

seriously tho, it doesnt look too bad, plenty of threads here about polishing crystals. ive done many now, it takes ages for deep scratches and heavy pitting but lighter ones arent so bad, just need ALOT of patience.

i once had a brand new phone, second day i had it, i slipped it into my jeans pocket, pulled it out and it had a scratch down the gorilla glass! the only thing i could narrow it down to was possibly a grain of sand trapped in the denim fibers because it takes something pretty sharp to scratch the mineral glass
    Colderamstel likes this.
    Grandma's chicken salad

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

TAKE NOTE: The people who argue/question the benefits of having sapphire crystal on G-Shocks!
    I could stop buying watches, but I'm no quitter.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060. Grand Seiko SBGN001G GMT. Omega Aqua Terra 8500. Omega Planet Ocean 8800. Omega Speedmaster 1863.

Casio MRG-8100B-1AJF. Casio MRG-7600-1AJF. Casio MRG-7700-1AJF. Casio GMW-B5000-1ER. Casio GMW-B5000TB-1ER. Casio GW-5000-1AJF.

Quote Originally Posted by HiggsBoson View Post
    TAKE NOTE: The people who argue/question the benefits of having sapphire crystal on G-Shocks!
    But but Higgsy, sapphire is so brittle. What if you drop your watch face first onto concrete? It will shatter into a thousand little pieces like your broken heart!
    HiggsBoson, A.G., JustAbe and 4 others like this.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

My first G also got scratched a few days in by the vicious branches of an apricot tree. A few days after the initial annoyance I didn't care anymore, still don't. Scars on a G add character.
    Colderamstel likes this.
    - Casio G-Shock MR-G G1000B-1A
    - Casio G-Shock GW5000-1JF
    - Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW9400-1
    - Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000TCM-1
    - Longines Hydroconquest L3.781.4.56.6
    - Seiko Samurai Great White Shark edition SRPD23K1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information