Scratches on your G-Shock
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Scratches on your G-Shock

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Scratches on your G-Shock

i recently had some new scratches on my DW5600E, and am feeling sad. i do take good care of it, but somehow i just can't avoid scratches. lol weird question, but should a G-Shock have scratches or should it not?

Re: Scratches on your G-Shock

depends.. on my precious models, no scratches anywhere.. but on my beater's.. scratches are everywhere but the crystal, i guess it depends what kinda work you do, my job is very physical so there's no way of avoiding the said scratches, depending on what model you have there's always strap/bezel sets on yahoo and Ebay..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andrewea16 View Post
    Should a G-Shock have scratches or should it not?
    Guys that worry about scratches on a G-Shock are like guys that buy a 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 and leave it parked in their garage all day, everyday.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Andre,

I think Lee has answered your question already. The reason I bought my first G-Shock was because I always had scratches on the crystal and often in the first day I got it. I like the way most G-Shock's ahave a rim around the crystal. Although there is a very small rim around rthe display, it's also present onthe DW-5600. That's probably why it got so easy scratched.

I only managed to scratch one of my DW-069's crystal, but I was in a very weird position with my arms in student lockers, helping to fix them together. Unfortunately there were some sharp points, scratching my crystal. Thought the protective rim protects the crystal, it is always possible to scratch a G-Shock crystal.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Scratches are a sign of use, and of all the watches in the world, a G-Shock is designed to be used.

C'est la g!
    nigelw likes this.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I'm with Evel and Tribe. Scratches on my G are badges of honor.
    --Steve
    --------------------
    "War and courage have done more than love of your neighbor. Not your pity but your bravery has saved the unfortunate thus far."
    --Nietzsche

I never consider crystal scratches to be a god thing. But on the resin bezel, bring on the scuffs and scratches!!!
    nigelw likes this.

It seems like the the thinner the G shock that I use as a beater, the less the scratches.

However the scratches that have occured, take place on the screen protectors!! and the scratches are rather bad.

Notice that metal bezel scratches are more obvious than on the resin bezled ones??

Banned

Adds character . My G's are for work so I know they are going to getting dinged and gacked and scratched up. But I have to agree with Buzzbait about the crystal scratches .

Ummm, it's a G-Shock
    Wear what you like.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information