Screwbacks... how tight?

Thread: Screwbacks... how tight?

Screwbacks... how tight?

How tight is good enough for water resistance on a DW5600c case-back after changing the battery?

I know to overdo it is no good for the gasket.

My method is to make it finger tight then a half turn with the case-back tool. Is this good enough?

Re: Screwbacks... how tight?

That sounds OK.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRock View Post
    How tight is good enough for water resistance on a DW5600c case-back after changing the battery?

My method is to make it finger tight then a half turn with the case-back tool. Is this good enough?
    Have you alredy tryed it that way? I'm with this very same doubt... Do you have any advice? Thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Before I open a case back I mark a line from the case back and the case with a sharpie and then when am going to put it back on I just make sure the mark lines up.
    Rolex Explorer, Tudor Pelagos, Sinn EZM3

half turn is the max and depending on the watch itself. my frogs are usually within 1/8 to 1/4 of turn max after finger tight. But i do my best to tighten by hand as also to prevent any scratches. Also, i use and inter-weave of masking tape on the caseback for added security and cut a little break for the slots that i need so that the wrench can sit in properly without leaving any marks.

but to note, i dare not try it on some of my seiko's as factory lock is extremely firm. frogs are much more manageable.
    Last edited by eonianaerial; September 23rd, 2009 at 05:07.

Quote Originally Posted by apnk View Post
    Before I open a case back I mark a line from the case back and the case with a sharpie and then when am going to put it back on I just make sure the mark lines up.
    Excellent!!! Very clever... Thanks for the advice:thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eonianaerial View Post
    half turn is the max and depending on the watch itself. my frogs are usually within 1/8 to 1/4 of turn max after finger tight. But i do my best to tighten by hand as also to prevent any scratches. Also, i use and inter-weave of making tape on the caseback for added security and cut a little break for the slots that i need so that the wrench can sit in properly without leaving any marks.

but to note, i dare not try it on some of my seiko's as factory lock is extremely firm. frogs are much more manageable.
    A tape to protect the caseback Great! Thank you. Against you fellows, Mc Gyver would lose by far.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRock View Post

Yes, that's good enough. Don't worry about overdoing it. If you examine the case and back cover fitting, you will know that there's no way you can over squeeze the rubber seal. Finger tight is absolutely OK.
    JUNGHANS Radio-Controlled WWVB, G-2500, GL-150, G-7300 TOUGH SOLAR, G-9100 GULFMAN,
    G-9000 MUDMAN, DW-5600 MODULE 901, DW-5000SL, DW-8200 FROGMAN, G-2900, Timex (Analog) Perpetual Calendar Model T2D461, Freestyle (Analog) Shark Hammerhead, Timex (Analog) Perpetual Calendar Model T45441.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantas View Post
    A tape to protect the caseback Great! Thank you. Against you fellows, Mc Gyver would lose by far.
    And Mac Guyver would scratchup those pop-off casebacks using a Swiss Army knife. He's just as worse as the Walmart lady behind the counter of the Jewelry/Watch section. (I can imagine, as it's happened to me already)

Thread Information