Scuba Diving & G-Shocks

Thread: Scuba Diving & G-Shocks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Off topic Scuba Diving & G-Shocks

Is anyone on this board PADI certified for diving? I am trying to get my cetifications and I am having no luck can you help me or PM me please?:thanks :thanks Also what is a good G-Shock for diving?

Re: Scuba Diving & G-Shocks

Quote Originally Posted by jbarn02
    Is anyone on this board PADI certified for diving? I am trying to get my cetifications and I am having no luck can you help me or PM me please?:thanks :thanks Also what is a good G-Shock for diving?
    There are quite a few members on the forum who are divers including myself. I highly recommend the FROGMAN as it is designed to be a divers watch. Features an all titanium case, has a great dive timer, extra long strap which allows the watch to be worn over a wetsuit and a very comfortable asyemmetrical case design which does not interfere with wrist/hand movement!
    Pic of a trpiple crown FROGMAN

What do you mean when you say you are having no luck getting certified? Did you not pass the OW Cert dives? We just completed our PADI OW certification and got our C-cards in the mail.

As for watches, if you don't have a dive computer yet (I don't), all you need is a good timer. Many people use the cheapest watches you can buy as long as they are rated for the depth they are diving.

I prefer the Seiko dive watches with a rotating bezel just so I can quickly rotate the bezel and see what my bottom time is. I haven't dove with a g-shock, but the Frogman does seem like the best dive-specific watch.
    Schmed

MM300 | PO 42mm | Sinn UX | SAR | Pipin Scubamaster | Stingray Scubamaster | SKX009 | Custom Black Monster

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

This the first time I have ever gotten into diving. Right now I am just checking into centers and seeing what the cost is. I have never had my certification ever. This is all new to me. I am just trying to gather info. And get suggestions right now.

Oh. In that case, I suggest you just take your time, find a good, reputable dive shop and have fun. There is a fair amount of classwork and homework, but I think it is worth it. We took our certification through a local YMCA and you could tell the dive instructor did it for the pure joy of training others. If your dive shop or instructor is not a good listener and seems to be doing it for the $$$, then you need a different shop.

Have fun and let us know how it goes!
    Schmed

MM300 | PO 42mm | Sinn UX | SAR | Pipin Scubamaster | Stingray Scubamaster | SKX009 | Custom Black Monster

my friend is certified and i think he is going for the advanced cert.

anyway, he got the tide and lunar version of G7500 (i forgot the exact model #, i gave him a bunch of recommendation, including the GW200 frogman )

I do a fair amount of shallow water diving (-100ft) in the Bay of Green Bay, Lake Michigan and along the south shore of Lake Superior. My current watch of choice is a Fortis B-42 Marinemaster. In addition to my Fortis I always use a dive computer when diving below 25ft.

I used to do some deep technical diving in the Virgin Islands, the Florida Keys and off of N. Jersey and Long Island but because of an ear problem and insurance considerations I no longer engage in saturation diving.

While in the USAF I was priviledged to attend and complete the USASF Combat Diver Qualification Supervisor Course at USNAS Trumbo Point Annex in Key West FL. Attendance is comparable to USN/BUDS.

Casio G-Shocks were quite popular and I wore, I believe, a 5600C (screwback case). It served me well as a dive watch but it was nearly always supplemented by a calibrated dive computer.

The only reason that I wear an analog watch for diving is my eyesight has changed and I can't focus underwater on a small digital readout as well as I used to.

In my opinion, any G-Shock would be acceptable as a shallow water dive watch. I would suggest that you mount whatever model of G-Shock on a 24mm zulu and strap adaptors. In the event one set of the lug pins fails the watch will still be held to your wrist. If you dive in saltwater it's a simple matter of rinsing the watch and strap in freshwater for about 30 mins. after your dive.

Enjoy sport diving!
    Last edited by Mike Hogan; August 3rd, 2006 at 21:24.
    Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

Banned

"bump"

Banned

Bump

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia