Scuff marks and resin

Thread: Scuff marks and resin

Scuff marks and resin

I found a small white mark on my watch case and strap. I have no clue where it came from and I am unable to clean it off. You really can't see the mark if you are looking straight down at it, but when looking at it from an angle it becomes visible. I am generally very careful with my watches, and do not know how it could have gotten there. Has anyone else experienced a mark like this on a resin band? If so, any tips for removing it? Thanks.
    AUSTIN

GW9200-1 Riseman
    GW9000A-1 Mudman
    GW5600J-1
    GW700BDJ

Re: Scuff marks and resin

try an eraser. if it doesnt work and it really bother the living hell out of u, then dye it or change the whole bezel and band.

but yeah, a little scuff marks wont looks so bad on a G. check the banner on my sig.
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

I found somewhere in the archives about using your blue jeans. I removed the mark on the strap using my jeans, and did worse damage trying to remove it on the bezel. I found this sandpaper pad that was 320 grit that is for sanding in between final finishes on wood. I used that and just rubbed it with my thumb, and it really improved the marks. The gloss is gone, and the scuff marks are now dull. Thanks.
    AUSTIN

GW9200-1 Riseman
    GW9000A-1 Mudman
    GW5600J-1
    GW700BDJ

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

congratulations, and i hope it wont be ur last marks on ur watch, cause its a Geeeeeeee-shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin1983 View Post
    I found somewhere in the archives about using your blue jeans. I removed the mark on the strap using my jeans, and did worse damage trying to remove it on the bezel. I found this sandpaper pad that was 320 grit that is for sanding in between final finishes on wood. I used that and just rubbed it with my thumb, and it really improved the marks. The gloss is gone, and the scuff marks are now dull. Thanks.
    sandpaper, huh !!! ill try that next time. very informative !!!
    btw, Chicks dig Scars
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

Quote Originally Posted by mansrow View Post
    sandpaper, huh !!! ill try that next time. very informative !!!
    btw, Chicks dig Scars
    Great, I need all the help I can get when it comes to chicks! This sandpaper pad is a reusable foam pad that has 320 ultra fine grit on one side. I've used 2000 grit sandpaper on other projects so I was pretty scared to use 320 grit on my watch, but it's almost like a non-slip pad or something you would scrub dishes with. After using it on my watch I noticed some tiny black flakes on my hand, but I was unable to see the spot that it came off of on the watch. It dulled the gloss on both the mystery spot and the spots that I put on the bezel from rubbing my blue jeans on it.
    AUSTIN

GW9200-1 Riseman
    GW9000A-1 Mudman
    GW5600J-1
    GW700BDJ

Banned

G's are meant to be worn and abused, and I've always said scuffs/dings/gacks add character to them. Now go rub some dirt on that G .

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    G's are meant to be worn and abused, and I've always said scuffs/dings/gacks add character to them. Now go rub some dirt on that G .
    right, a G without marks is like a mountainbike without dirt: boring and bourgeois

regards, holger

Thread Information