Searching for a G Shock

Thread: Searching for a G Shock

Searching for a G Shock

Hello guys,

I am not new to WUS, but I am to the Casio G-Shock forum.

My name is Rico and I live in Holland. I own a couple of watches after 2 years of collecting! :)

Right now I am searching for a G-Shock, but there are so many out their, I can't decide which to take. Maybe you fellow watch fanatics could help me.

- Budget - 100$ / 100€
    - Solar powered
    - Atomic
    - A cool design (all black is nice, even with negative lcd (out of budget:(:( )
    - Activity - go to the beach, swimming in seawater (salt) etc.

I want a G because the last long and are beter rust restistat than my Seiko Monster.

Thank you and sorry for the bad english.
    Greetings Rico!

Infected with the virus of Automatic watches

Omega PO Bigsize cal. 8500 | Steinhart Ocean One Black | Steinhart Nav B-Uhr Pink Gold | Christopher Ward C5 MK II | G-Shock GR-8900A | Seiko Orange Monster | TW Steel TW53 | And more..

Grails:
    Rolex Submariner 116610 LN or 114060
    Omega Planet Ocean 45.5mm cal. 8500 V
    Omega SMP
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso

Re: Searching for a G Shock

This seems to be a pretty good "go to". I think prices are still slightly elevated right now due to shortage but that seems to be coming to an end and I think the prices will drop back under $100 soon. I've seen two this past week on the bay. Both new, one sold for $89 w/ free shipping, one sold for $99 w/ free shipping.

BRAND NEW CASIO G SHOCK gw6900-1 | eBay

Also, I bought this one a week ago: Casio Gshock Men's Rescue Tide & Moon Graph Atomic Digital Watch GW7900B-1 | eBay and I LOVE it. The price has already come down from when I bought mine. I wasn't sure about the negative display because some people don't seem to like them, but it doesn't bother me at all. I don't even notice any difference anymore even after just a few days wearing it. It's awesome.

Both are solar and atomic.

Best of luck!
    Last edited by topshelf95; May 20th, 2012 at 18:32.
    Tissot Seastar 1000 silver -------Oceanus OCWM800TBA-1A--------Bulova Precisionist 96b132 --------Orient 'Elite' FET0H001B-------Seiko 5 Pepsi SNZF15K1 -------Invicta 9937ce -------------G-Shock Gw7900b-1 ---------Seiko SKX007------- Panerai Homage x2--------Rotary Chronospeed----------G-Shock GD100-1A-----------Seiko Orange Monster----------Orient Mako XL----------Seiko "Atlas" SKZ209J1

That is a damn good price for a GW-6900. I've not seen any in the UK or EU anywhere near that price. I'd snap that up if you like the looks of it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

GW6900 is a good choice. I just throw in alternative Gs for beach fun. Gulfman G9100 has a titanium caseback and screws (?) with moon phase and tide graph. It is advertised as rust resist. But the atomic solar version is way above your budget. G-Lide GRX5600 is a good alternative too for tide graph and beach bright color. It has solar feature. Not sure that there is atomic version.

I'd go with the black GW6900, like the people above said

A Cheap atomic/solar...
    I suggest the following to look at: AWG-101 or (newer) AWG-M100, GW-M850, GW-2300, GW-6900 and maybe a GW-M5600 and GW-7900... you have a chance of finding any of these within your budget (working with 100 euros) apart from those, you're pretty limited in the *new* atomic/solar market for your budget. Unless of course you're willing to look at second hand and pre-owned, in which case you can open yourself up to more options...

I've seen the all black negative LCD GW-7900B-1 go for somewhere near your budget, definitely within your budget as a preowned... I think it looks pretty nice :)
    Name:  GW-7900B-1.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  12.5 KB

The Gulfman is above my budget..

The GW 7900 of GW 6900 would be nice if you ask me!:) Maybe I can stretch the budget a bit.

It is all black and cool negative display.

After swimming in the sea I need to wash it with fresh water, I think it is that will be enough.

Are those sandproof? (dirtproof whatever we call it?)

Last but not least, when I buy from ebay.com, do I need to pay extra tax when it arrives in Holland?
    Greetings Rico!

Omega PO Bigsize cal. 8500 | Steinhart Ocean One Black | Steinhart Nav B-Uhr Pink Gold | Christopher Ward C5 MK II | G-Shock GR-8900A | Seiko Orange Monster | TW Steel TW53 | And more..

Grails:
    Omega SMP
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardinho4 View Post
    Last but not least, when I buy from ebay.com, do I need to pay extra tax when it arrives in Holland?
    Well, from reading Sjor's rantings about the Dutch customs, it sounds like they are pretty reliable at slapping on import tax on your goods :(

But...all is not lost, I believe if you buy from within the EU, you shouldn't have to pay any import tax! That should include online stores here such as watchshop.com for example, if you want to buy from ebay, I suggest you look on EU eBays, UK and DE would probably be good places to look for second hand goods...just beware of the pitfalls - watch out for fakes and dodgy sellers!

I think all G shocks are good for swimming. Rinse and dry afterwards and they're good to go...

About what you asked about the watch being sand-proof/dirtproof; you can consider G shocks dirt 'resistant' - generally low maintenance, but could do with a cleaning once in a while...there is the mudman of course, which is 'mud resistant' with covered buttons. Nearest one matching your criteria would be the GW-9010, bit above your budget though.

Thanks!;)

It needs to be beach/sand proof/resistant
    sorry it is hard to explain, let's say this:

- swimming (sea)
    - solar
    - atomic
    - prefer all black watch
    - negative display (looks cool)
    - beachproof/resistant
    - sandproof/resistant
    - 100€
    Greetings Rico!

Grails:
    Omega SMP
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso

Quote Originally Posted by Sengyoku View Post
    A Cheap atomic/solar...
    I suggest the following to look at: AWG-101 or (newer) AWG-M100, GW-M850, GW-2300, GW-6900 and maybe a GW-M5600 and GW-7900.
    +1
    Current Rotation:
    Tudor Black Bay (on OEM bracelet) | Rado Original Automatic 648.0408.3.161 | Royal Orient WE0011JB | Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 311.30.42.30.01.005 | Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR

G-Shock collection:
    GW-M5630E-9JR, GA-400-4A, DW-6900SG, GW-5000-1JF, GWF-1000-1DR, GW-200Z-1DR, GW-9200-1, GX-56-1B, G-5600E, G-6900-1, DW-5600MS, G-7302RL (non-functioning)

Wishlist:
    Credor ​Eichi (when pigs fly) | Credor ​Eichi II (when fishes talk) | FP Journe Chronometre Bleu (acquired) | Urban Jurgensen & Sonner Ref. 3 (acquired) | D.Dornbluth & Sohn Cal. 99.5 (acquired) | Moritz Grossmann BENU Rose Gold ​(acquired)

**Sig limit reached...**

Thread Information