Seasonal Questions

Thread: Seasonal Questions

Seasonal Questions

As we reach the end of the summer vacation season and head into "back to work" and "back to school" (I recognize that Summer, officially, has three weeks left), I wondered about a few things:

1. Will your G's get more or less wrist time (compared with other watches in your stable)? Mine will get a somewhat lesser wrist time as my mechanicals and automatics (mostly on leather straps) get more wrist time in the Fall and in the Winter.

2. Will your more brightly colored G's get less wrist time? Historically, I tended to wear yellow, white and "jelly" or translucent G's only in the summer. (You can add pink to that list, but my first two pink G's only arrived this summer.) I think that will still tend to be true to an extent, but I am hatching a theory that brightly colored G's stand out a bit less when worn with long sleeves (which, of course, will dominate in Fall and Winter) -- and that, therefore, they can be an "accent" with otherwise more conservative clothing. So colors (particularly reds, blues, greens, etc.) may get more wrist time than in the past. Also, I am looking forward to busting out the Brooklyn Circus and DQM black and white 6900s -- which I purposely did not wear in the Summer. Gives me something to look forward to!

Re: Seasonal Questions

I tend to wear my Glorious Gold GW-M5625E only in the summer, the Omega AT on the croc strap takes a break. I also tend to wear a Frogman or Riseman more in the summer, switching to the more conservative GW-M5600's or DW-5x00's at other times, as well as the Omega.

I also wanted to break out a white DW-5600EH and yellow DW-5600C-9B this summer, but didn't get the chance. They'll be for next year.

Confused Seasonal??

I find it odd that people have "seasonal" watches. (This has come up before) I go with my mood or what I am doing for the day, but mostly mood. Most of my watches are too bulky to really fit neatly under a sleeve, but then again, I don't really favor long sleeves.
    Sellers: Topher1556, JERSTERCA, GGD, Shaefro58, eeek, mvyadam, withthesword, fantasma, manitoujoe, jackhlin, flipe8, 94dakar, & davewg .... :thanks!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not so much into seasonal watch rotation, I also go by the mood of the day, like Kwiatek as well as occasion.

I have many autos & mechanicals, some on bracelet some on leather straps and they seem to be in a proportional rotation with G-shocks at the moment.

It isn't uncommon for me to wear a 6900MS under a business shirt cuff matched with grey or dark suit for meetings and those customer facing occasions, however I will also have no issues with wearing PAM001 when goofing around in the playground with my son.

Quote Originally Posted by babola View Post
    ****It isn't uncommon for me to wear a 6900MS under a business shirt cuff matched with grey or dark suit for meetings and those customer facing occasions, however I will also have no issues with wearing PAM001 when goofing around in the playground with my son.
    This is true for me as well (in my case, though, an IWC Mark XV or an Omega Speedmaster Pro or Dynamic among others). But I will be less likely, I think, to wear my yellow Raysman or my yellow 6900 in the Fall or Winter and particularly less likely to wear them with a suit!

All my G's are Black..... so far....heh!

However that's about to change, as I'm enjoying the GW-6900 so much, I will pickup the Yellow version of that, and the new Red G-7900 when it becomes available in the USA.

Then we will see...ha..ha..ha...

Re: Seasonal??

Quote Originally Posted by KWIATEK View Post
    I find it odd that people have "seasonal" watches. (This has come up before) I go with my mood or what I am doing for the day, but mostly mood. Most of my watches are too bulky to really fit neatly under a sleeve, but then again, I don't really favor long sleeves.
    The main reason I have "seasonal watches" where I only use the colorfull ones during spring/summer is because here in Sweden we have cold winters and falls so I use long sleeves and jackets during those seasons. Since I do not want to stain my colorfull G's I tend not to wear them with long sleeves.

This winter though I might wear my Men in Ice White Riseman since it is so wintery hehe
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    This is true for me as well (in my case, though, an IWC Mark XV or an Omega Speedmaster Pro or Dynamic among others). But I will be less likely, I think, to wear my yellow Raysman or my yellow 6900 in the Fall or Winter and particularly less likely to wear them with a suit!
    I don't have the 'color' issue with mine, ha, ha...mainly monochromatic with only one blue (DW-6900E-2ER) and one green (DW-069USV) in the mix. I am about to receive my fist red 6900 and yellow Taxidriver 6900..will tell you then how I feel about the whole 'color thing'

cheers!

Re: Seasonal??

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    This winter though I might wear my Men in Ice White Riseman since it is so wintery hehe
    I wore mine last winter -- I think it looks great when there's ice and snow around!

Thread Information