WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

second hole 6900

452 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  G-Shocks 
#1 ·
Hey are my wrists too skinny to wear a 6900 if I wear it on the second hole from the smallest setting? I have tiny girly forearms.

#2 ·
They might be too skinny if you have to cut a new hole in the strap BEYOND the smallest setting, but it sounds like it fits fine right now! :)

Only YOU can decide if the watch itself LOOKS too big for your wrist, but there are a lot of people with skinny wrists wearing oversized G Shocks like "The King" and they're happy with them.

#3 ·
I've found that the extra length that hangs out of the keeper makes the watch look a bit big. Cut the strap down so it just hangs 10mm or so out side of the keeper and you may find it seems a lot better.
I'm between the 4th and 5th hole (from smallest) on my GW-M5600 and have trimmed the strap so its around this length when on the 4th hole. Looks a lot better IMO.
Straps are fairly inexpensive and easy to get hold of so it's not too big a deal to get a replacement.

#5 · (Edited)
I have skinny wrists also and own a GW-8900. This is a large watch and I wear the strap all the way on the third to last set of holes. There is a small gap on both sides of the strap but I think it looks fine. I love that the watch is so massive. I think the 6900 and my 8900 are about the same size. The strap is pretty long hanging off so just adjust the keeper so it hold most of it and it doesn't get in my way.

#6 ·
If it's a matte finish watch, I would go ahead and cut a few cm off the band. It honestly makes it look so much better, I'm also on the 2nd hole on 6900's but wear mine like a bracelet so the 3rd hole is my choice. I'm afraid to cut glossy finish ones because I don't know how they'll turn out, but over time I have managed to stretch the band keeper all the way to keep the band from sticking out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.