Seeking G-Aholic support group..Please Help!!
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Seeking G-Aholic support group..Please Help!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seeking G-Aholic support group..Please Help!!

Hello to everyone on this forum as I'm a new member here. I bought my 1st G' (gw2310fb-1) about 7 months ago. Needless to say I find myself an addict simply based on my first purchase. Since then I can only think of g-shocks to the point my wife thinks I'm having some kind of "problem".. It's all I've talked about since I've bought it.. When it's not on my wrist it's in my hand..just looking at it and admiring it. She says I'm "fondling" it and claims it's simply not "normal". She's becoming irritated with me while we watch t.v or movies..checking out everyone's wrist a then mentioning it(most recently, Breaking Bad). I have a long list of "wants" and modds lined up already (especially the g7800b-1 with a Maratac composite strap, I must have it!!!!) and she says "no way, 1 good watch is all you need". Still trying to figure out how to break it to her that I've been bitten for life. So what is this strange warm fuzzy feeling that makes my heart pound when checking out g-shocks??? What do I say to my wife about my strange behavior and how do I explain that I must have more? After all, is a collection worth a divorce?? Probably not, but worth a ponder because I MUST and WILL have more! I have so many questions but I'll save them for the right threads. Of course I'm joking about needing 'help' but just wanted to say hello to the g'club here and wanted to thank everyone for all the really great comments and advice, I've enjoyed them all..Thank you!!
    Last edited by SHOCK4life; December 10th, 2012 at 10:58.
    derr1ck likes this.

Re: Seeking G-Aholic support group..Please Help!!

Does she have any interests you can compare it to? (shoes, purses, etc?). Maybe before you get yourself another watch, get her one, and then she won't feel so bad if you get another one for yourself later on

..she's a Czech and not a typical American girl who 'needs' and doesn't require much to be happy(no extra shoes, purses etc.) and thinks a $150.00 is a rather large chunk to spend on a single watch..she doesn't get it. I've offered to get her one but she thinks they look too boyish but just smaller. Sometimes I think the collectors on this forum are single and don't have to deal with wives and or partners..fills me with envy.=) Of course I love my wife and will just have to live-out my addiction through you guys!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Lol show her my recent thread which has pictures of my collection..... she will consider you normal, and buy you 2 watches...
    Welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by SHOCK4life View Post
    ..she's a Czech and not a typical American girl who 'needs' and doesn't require much to be happy(no extra shoes, purses etc.) and thinks a $150.00 is a rather large chunk to spend on a single watch..she doesn't get it. I've offered to get her one but she thinks they look too boyish but just smaller. Sometimes I think the collectors on this forum are single and don't have to deal with wives and or partners..fills me with envy.=) Of course I love my wife and will just have to live-out my addiction through you guys!!
    It could be a good thing that she doesn't need or want extra things, less of a hassle IMO. But yes, I happen to be single with no significant other to complain about my collection. However, have a few watches should not be a huge deal. It's not like G-Shocks cost thousands of dollars like a high end dress watch.
    My Collection
    Citizen: Skyhawk Blue Angels Edition
    Nixon: 51-30 Chrono
    G-Shock: DW-6900 x3, DW-6930 (Basel) x1,G-001 x1, GA-100 x2, GA-110 x16 (2 Collabs: Maharishi & Eric Haze), GD-350 x2, GDF-100 x1, GD-X6900 x2, GR-7900 x1, GW-5510 x1, GX56 x2, Riseman G-9200 x2, Mudman G-9300 x2, G-9330 (Rising Red) x1, GW-9330 (Initial Blue) x1, Frogman GF-1000 x1, Gravity Defier GW-A1000 x2, GW-A1100 x1

Thank you showtime.. I've showed her some of your collections and she thinks your all 'sick'(in the head that is) and I keep saying that will be me someday..her reply is "maybe when I'm dead" ..she's only 34 so it will be awhile.. thanks for all your pics they're all great..I love em' all..keep em' coming!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SHOCK4life View Post
    ..she's a Czech and not a typical American girl who 'needs' and doesn't require much to be happy(no extra shoes, purses etc.) and thinks a $150.00 is a rather large chunk to spend on a single watch..she doesn't get it.

Be happy... do you have any idea how hard it is to find a woman who is not materialistic and who is responsible with money? maybe I am jaded from living in Los Angeles, but I say count your blessings. Watches are just watches after all, and after a while they start to get redundant.
    kandyredcoi and isezumi like this.

somebody get sjor's to post a pic of his collection, it will work a treat

seems like you can be my friend in here, we both have the same Gshock vs. wife problem

seriously the only thing to cure the addiction is leaving the forum for good, or at least not logging it

my story is: I got my first G many years ago along with other analog fashion watches, it wasn't an addiction ( i recall that I once return a just-bought G for a Seiko automatic), and then I got married and have kids, and only wear that 1st Gshock all the time (to take care of them ... watch the time to feed them, bath them, and play with them) so the wifey bought me a G as Xmas gift

something just clicked ... and I can't stop since, after like 15 Gs that I bought without her consent, she got upset mainly because my attention to her is less than Gshock and this forum, so I started hiding my buying (using my friends, track the mail and wait for the mailman) ... after like 10 more I finally got sick of hiding and stopped buying

but then I started buying resins to play with the Gs I already have ... and then she got upset again because the resins aren't cheap comparing to a whole G

and then I started dyeing resins ... and she got upset again because those Rit dye would cost alot when you add up, 4 bucks per powder pack and 8 bucks per bottle (and I have most of Rit colors avail. at Michaels)

I haven't dyed for 2 months now, but now I started playing with Photoshop as to imagine what I'd dye those resins

will see if she gets upset again

*don't get the wifey wrong, during those times, she'd help me buy resins, or dyes or give me ideas of what color, but then when I am deeply into it, she'd get upset ....*

oh, and I bought her the BAbyG Ke$ha 5600, but she hardly wears it - which makes me upset because I think it does with everything she wears these days, while she thinks it's too sporty
    LOLz
    GTR83 likes this.

There is an "easy" fix to this dilemma. Have your wife wear your latest G-Shock. Then, she will be sure to have your attention.

Personally, I prefer our differences. I have my vices and she has hers.
    Last edited by rocky; December 9th, 2012 at 03:59. Reason: Additional info
    LEX ET ORDO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information