Setting alarm on GW 3000

Thread: Setting alarm on GW 3000

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Setting alarm on GW 3000

I feel like I am going to look like an idiot once its explained to me, but how the hell do you read the "24 hr clock" to set the alarm? I just cant figure it out. If it is painfully obvious you have permission to laugh at me.

Re: Setting alarm on GW 3000

hahahaha! we are on the same boat. there is no shame in not knowing. i read the manual numerous times and it was hard enough just to set the leap year on it. i guess putting all these digital functions on an analog watch is just not right, but i love it anyway.

peace,

miguel

It is like military time. The hour 11 is 11am, 12 is noon, 13 is 1pm, 14 is 2 pm, etc. If you want to set the alarm for 4:15pm, it would be 16:15. Small hand is the hour and the long hand is the minute on the small clock on the right. I hope this is a decent explanation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Nolander View Post
    It is like military time. The hour 11 is 11am, 12 is noon, 13 is 1pm, 14 is 2 pm, etc. If you want to set the alarm for 4:15pm, it would be 16:15. Small hand is the hour and the long hand is the minute on the small clock on the right. I hope this is a decent explanation.
    Its not the 24 hr clock in general that I have issues with. Its the lay out of the dial. I mean 18:00 is at the 9 o clock position.Am I right in assuming that in timekeeping mode the small dial also reflects the current time? If so it makes even less sense.

Because the dial on the right is a 24 hour clock, then the 18 at the "9:00 position" indicates 6:00 p.m. Just don't try to read it like a 12 hour clock and you will be fine. If you want to set it to 8:00 then set the hour hand to 20. In the timekeeping mode, the dial on the right shows the current time in the world time city that you have set up.

The bottom dial makes sense.It has 24 marks/lines.The right hand one still only has 12.So if 18 at 9 is 6pm, then 6 at 3 is midnight? I am also wondering if that dial needs to be aligned? I will post a pic tomorrow.

This watch would seem to fall into the 'too clever by half' category.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Maybe just too clever for me.

Quote Originally Posted by joshgamble77 View Post
    Maybe just too clever for me.
    Not sure why some people feel this watch is "too clever".... if they're going to use a dial and show time in 24 hour format, I'm not sure how else they can do it.

Think of it this way... if this may help some people... small hand is on the right side of dial, it's before noon. If the small dial is on the left side of dial, it's between noon and midnight.

I've used G Shocks that have 24 hour dials on them in the past, and it takes some getting used to, but not that much. 24 hour time in general takes getting used to, if you aren't accustomed to it.
    Tag Heuer || Aquaracer
    Casio G Shock || GW 3000B-1A | GW 3500-1A|GST-B100-1ACR
    Ω Omega || Seamaster Planet Ocean XL 2200.51.00
    Ball || Engineer Hydrocarbon Spacemaster (white dial)
    Baume et Mercier || Unknown
    Seiko
    || Bell-Matic
    Lüm-Tec ||V Series 1/3 Custom

its not telling time in 24 hour format thats difficult its going through menus and sub menus thats a pain in the neck for me. it takes a lot of patience and a lot of time to get used to thats for sure.

peace,

miguel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information