Setting time and date on G Shock GS 1100 (4777)

Thread: Setting time and date on G Shock GS 1100 (4777)

Please can anyone help me in "simple English layman terms" how to set up my G Shock GS 1100 (4777) which I bought on Amazon. I have down loaded the casio manual but that is all arrows pointing all over plus it starts by saying "after putting the watch in time setting mode" but to even do that is not explained.

Please help its driving me nutty!!!!!!!

Re: Setting time and date on G Shock GS 1100 (4777)

buck: I feel your pain. I recently acquired an older GS1000D G-Shock timepiece and put in a request for some guidance here myself. Only one response, helpful, but not enough. Hope you have more response. I am sure a lot of forum members have or have had your model. I looked at the Operation Guide 4777 and it appears that pressing the "A" button at top left 10 o'clock puts your GS1100 in timekeeping mode.

I agree with you that Casio's Operating Guides don't seem very friendly to those of us totally unfamiliar with this family of timekeepers. I am still trying to figure my own out with very, very modest success so far but I'll sure try and help you too if I can.

Ken

This may help - if you have not already done so you should read this review in the G-Shock Brand Forum:
    Giez GS1100-1AER

Started by CommanderJameson, March 13th, 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Bucknobs, I don't have this particular watch, so take this info for what it's worth!

1) Timekeeping mode:

It is the 'default' or 'home' mode that shows the 'current' time. (If you have not adjusted the watch yet, then 'current' time may be wrong till watch is adjusted).

You get to Timekeeping Mode by pressing the lower left button, marked as C in the manual. Pressing button C repeatedly will cycle through Timekeeping mode, World time mode and Alarm mode.

As you cycle through the modes using button C, you will know you are back in Timekeeping mode when the top right sub dial's hand is pointing to one of the day of the week markings (Mo, Tu, We etc).

See the left half of this picture, the 'triangle' of arrows shows what button C does:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1356222869.163863.jpg
Views: 10604
Size:  51.3 KB
    (The right side of picture shows how to get to Stopwatch mode.)

2) The first step to set up your watch (aside from getting a cup of tea or coffee), is to set your Home City. The instructions are listed in the manual, drop a note in this thread if you need help on this.

3) After Home City is set, you then adjust the watch to the correct time. This you can do using one of this methods:

3a) Manual adjust: see section 'To set time and date manually' of user manual.

3b) If you are within range of an atomic time transmitter tower, use the atomic-clock sync/receive function. Confusingly, here you can also choose between Auto-receive or Manual-receive. Setting to Auto-receive means the watch will try to sync with the atomic signal up to 6 times a day. Manual-receive means you manually trigger a sync. The 2 receive methods are not mutually exclusive, but you must be in range of a transmitter tower (see manual for fancy maps of tower locations).

Hope this helps!

---
    Last edited by GS_Leng; December 23rd, 2012 at 02:49.

I find that astonishing. I've always considered Casio manuals as prime examples of clarity and brevity. That I thought would easily appeal to nearly everyone. To the point that I found it an inspiration for writing documentation.

Is that particular manual an outlier, is the OP's view that these manuals are difficult exceptional, or is my own perception too biased? (This is a serious question, I do not want to judge or make fun of anyone.)

Thread Information