Seven reasons why you should buy a G-Shock Premium (Sharing)
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By alanarkadia
  • 2 Post By Promethius
  • 1 Post By Crater

Thread: Seven reasons why you should buy a G-Shock Premium (Sharing)

Smile Seven reasons why you should buy a G-Shock Premium (Sharing)

Seven reasons why you should
    buy a G-Shock Premium

An active lifestyle requires a tough watch. We’ve got
    the timepiece that will go the distance

They're build to last

Sure, a Swiss-made automatic has cachet, but the G-Shock Premium range adheres to what Casio calls the ‘Triple 10’ concept: 10bar/100m water resistance (in fact the Premium range is guaranteed up to 200m); 10-year battery life and the ability to withstand a 10m drop. So, your wrist will give way long before your new watch does.
    You'll never be late

There’s nothing fashionable about being late. Built into their armour-plated carapace is something called Wave Ceptor Radio-Controlled Technology. This kit receives regular signals from atomic clocks all over the world, meaning it will only be out by one second every three million years. Which should make it a great heirloom, too.
    They're sport-proof

Micro-particles might not be high on your list of daily grievances, but for a watch they spell big problems if they get into the mechanism or digital face. The Master of G premium model is heat- sealed to withstand any onslaught of dust, sand or water particles, making it the ideal watch to take on the challenge of a triathlon. Ironman 2011, anyone?
    They're a wise investment

If time is money, then the Premium G range is a steal. Starting at £135, you can count your investment in generations rather than years, such is their durability. Even the £450 Premium G is a no-brainer: worn daily for a decade, it represents a cost per wear of only 12p a day. Big tick.
    They soak up pressure

If you’re after an aviation-minded GDP of a small nation for the privilege, then this Aviator model is right in your flight path. It can withstand a force of up to 15G, the only watch in the world to do so, and its innards are suspended, enabling it to endure greater pressure and impact – should a drink too many see you hit the deck.
    They aid survival

How fast? How hot? How deep? There’s a G-Shock function to tell you at the touch of a button. The Master of G ‘Riseman’ is designed to excel at great heights, giving an accurate altitude reading from -700m to 10,000m (Everest is 8,848m). It can also measure air pressure with its barometer and has a thermometer able to record temperatures from -10°C to 60°C, so you can stay one step ahead of the oncoming weather.
    They fit with any look

While the watches perform in any extreme, they also look the business in tricky domestic environments – like lunch at your girlfriend’s parents’ place – while fitting in with your casual look. They show you’re athletic and take your downtime seriously. The Premium range has multiple styles for every personality, so you can be assured that there is a high-tech timepiece perfectly suited to your wrist.
    Words: Ryan Thompson; Photography: Luke Kirwan
    http://www.menshealth.co.uk/_mobile/style/watches/you-should-get-g-shock-premium
    nigelw, Olyeller68 and JATO757 like this.

Off Topic post Re: Seven reasons why you should buy a G-Shock Premium (Sharing)

Time to shoot down a Mens Health article, woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by alanarkadia View Post
    They're build to last

Sure, a Swiss-made automatic has cachet, but the G-Shock Premium range adheres to what Casio calls the ‘Triple 10’ concept: 10bar/100m water resistance (in fact the Premium range is guaranteed up to 200m); 10-year battery life and the ability to withstand a 10m drop. So, your wrist will give way long before your new watch does.
    Not if you use a GShock for what it was designed for (hard use), then 10-20 years is more reasonable. They're still well-built though, they're just not designed to last forever. Coincidentally I've broken 2 G's but never broken my wrist!

You'll never be late

There’s nothing fashionable about being late. Built into their armour-plated carapace is something called Wave Ceptor Radio-Controlled Technology. This kit receives regular signals from atomic clocks all over the world, meaning it will only be out by one second every three million years. Which should make it a great heirloom, too.
    As someone who syncronizes his watch every month, but is still late for everything, I have to disagree . There's also a big difference between an atomic clock and a watch that receive time signals from one.

They're sport-proof

Micro-particles might not be high on your list of daily grievances, but for a watch they spell big problems if they get into the mechanism or digital face. The Master of G premium model is heat- sealed to withstand any onslaught of dust, sand or water particles, making it the ideal watch to take on the challenge of a triathlon. Ironman 2011, anyone?
    Heat sealed? Pretty sure G's are sealed the same (screw-downs excepted).

They're a wise investment

If time is money, then the Premium G range is a steal. Starting at £135, you can count your investment in generations rather than years, such is their durability. Even the £450 Premium G is a no-brainer: worn daily for a decade, it represents a cost per wear of only 12p a day. Big tick.
    Watches aren't an investment, they're an asset with depreciating value (with very few exceptions). I remember reading something on WuS that demonstrated a ROLEX purchased 50 years ago was worth about the same now when you add inflation/CPI. What they're saying is that they're an asset with high utility value, which I agree with, especially if you're a G-Shock enthusiast.

They soak up pressure

If you’re after an aviation-minded GDP of a small nation for the privilege, then this Aviator model is right in your flight path. It can withstand a force of up to 15G, the only watch in the world to do so, and its innards are suspended, enabling it to endure greater pressure and impact – should a drink too many see you hit the deck.
    Digital G-Shocks can already stand more than 15 G's, analog ones can handle less because they have moving parts (and can be influenced by magnetism), hence why Casio built one that could.

They aid survival

How fast? How hot? How deep? There’s a G-Shock function to tell you at the touch of a button. The Master of G ‘Riseman’ is designed to excel at great heights, giving an accurate altitude reading from -700m to 10,000m (Everest is 8,848m). It can also measure air pressure with its barometer and has a thermometer able to record temperatures from -10°C to 60°C, so you can stay one step ahead of the oncoming weather.
    There are caveats to the barometer, altimeter, and thermometer, but I <3 my Riseman, haha. Not sure about aiding with survival though, unless maybe you lived in a cave on a remote desert island, and barometric trend helped you gauge the weather.

They fit with any look

While the watches perform in any extreme, they also look the business in tricky domestic environments – like lunch at your girlfriend’s parents’ place – while fitting in with your casual look. They show you’re athletic and take your downtime seriously. The Premium range has multiple styles for every personality, so you can be assured that there is a high-tech timepiece perfectly suited to your wrist.
    Thank heavens there's a watch to suit my personality and outlook on life!

Thanks for sharing the article, I find "premium G's" like the Rangeman, Frogman, and aviation series are too big, heavy, and expensive for everyday knocks and hard use, but regular G's and protreks have excellent quality, functionality, durability and style for the price.
    Last edited by Promethius; March 6th, 2014 at 07:43.
    Crater and G-fob like this.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: Seven reasons why you should buy a G-Shock Premium (Sharing)

Typical marketing and advertisement bull****, lots of wrong informations as well

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This article is good for people new to watches and g-shock For experts here who know their stuff, not so much...
    Mike K likes this.

I stopped reading it (and chalked it up as "promotional crap") after "in fact the Premium range is guaranteed up to 200m" and the "heat sealed" nonsense.

EVERY modern G-Shock is rated to 200m -- I don't know my vintage G's that well, but weren't they always rated to at least 200m? (I know the DW-340 was rated for 300m, but it wasn't a G-Shock either.)

What is "heat sealed"? I'm picturing an engineer with a blowtorch.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

sounds to me that this is just advertising for us to buy more expensive versions of g shocks for no reason

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    I stopped reading it (and chalked it up as "promotional crap") after "in fact the Premium range is guaranteed up to 200m" and the "heat sealed" nonsense.

EVERY modern G-Shock is rated to 200m -- I don't know my vintage G's that well, but weren't they always rated to at least 200m? (I know the DW-340 was rated for 300m, but it wasn't a G-Shock either.)
    Yes all G shocks are 200m. And there was absolutely nothing special about the design of the dw-340 (I dissected one) that warranted a higher rating. So maybe all g-shocks are really 300m and casio is just stuck with their old claim because.if they tried to increase it now people would question why