SGW-100 vs W-S200, Which is louder?

Thread: SGW-100 vs W-S200, Which is louder?

SGW-100 vs W-S200, Which is louder?

I am trying to narrow down a watch to wear to bed (at home and for travel) that is loud enough to wake me. G-Shocks can do it, though not regularly enough to rely on. I just received a W-S200 (which is being exchanged as it came used from Amazon) and I thought I would take a moment to get some opinions. Is the SGW-100 louder?

Re: SGW-100 vs W-S200, Which is louder?

The SGW100 is loud. If it's louder than the W-S200 I'm not sure. I know that the DW5600 series appears to be quite a bit louder than the SGW100. But no G Shock I have comes close to the three Timex's I recently picked up. They are absolutely the loudest digital watches I have ever heard.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

The SGW-100 is at best avarage to my ears. SGW-200 and SGW-300 are definitely louder (the SGW-200 is extremely loud - for a Casio). No experience with the W-S200 though.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The ws200 has to be one of the loudest casios out there. I could also recommend another casio: the inexpensive ae 190. It's a bit louder than the ws200 to my ears and 20 sec alarm instead of ws200's 10 sec, but it has no snooze and light. Still it has 5 alarms. Here it is on amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-Collec.../dp/B005FEY4C6 .Bet you can find it even cheaper.

But, as someone well said: get a timex if you want some serious alarm volume.

Thread Information