Shipping Casio to Canada from U.S.

Thread: Shipping Casio to Canada from U.S.

Shipping Casio to Canada from U.S.

I apologize first if this is not the right place to post this, and MODS can move to where it belongs. Has anyone shipped out their Casio to Canada from the U.S.? This is my first time to ship a watch to Canada and appreciate if you have any insights to this matter. I have sent watches in U.S. using USPS Priority Mail, insurance, and delivery confirmation with no problem whatsoever. I prefer using USPS. Thank you in advance.

Re: Shipping Casio to Canada from U.S.

ok...I know I'm going to get a couple things wrong here (probably) so forgive me. I live in the USA, and have sold and bought tons of watches. I have bought from everywhere, (well mostly the USA and a little from Japan, I think Canada too, can't remember) However, I have only sold to the USA. I have almost sold to Canada a couple times. I was actually in the post office the other day, asking them a question specifically about shipping to Canada. So like you, I Ship most of my watches priority w/ tracking and insurance. I do the tracking because it's how you show proof to paypal that you shipped and to the correct address. When I went to the post office, they told me (I believe) that I can do priority shipping to canada, but I can't do tracking unless I have it sent registered mail, and that costs around $23 in a small box weighing in at about 1 pound (LB). And I'm not positive, but I think insurance to canada is quite a bit more as well, so people may not want to buy things from you if you have to double or triple the normal shipping cost. So because all of this, the only way I will ship things out of the country is if, the buyer is willing to "gift" me the money via PayPal, which means they send me the money as a gift, not for goods or services, payal does not take their 2.9%, and the seller (me) is not responsible for any lost or damaged packages. Quite a risk for the buyer, but that's the only way I will do it. Although I have never shipped out of the country before, I once sold a watch to someone in Japan, but that have a carrier that they use in los angeles. So they paypal'ed me the money as a gift, I still sent the package to his carriers address in los angeles w/ tracking and insurance, and it did get to Los Angeles safe and then from their it got to the Buyer in Japan safe.
    I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

you want it cheap, you will have to take the risk

when i buy from wus member that I am comfortable with, I ask them to ship regular which is under 4 bucks, no tracking number

some good ebay sellers will ship with tracking number, but it's within the US, you can't track it with Canada post: 10 bucks

if you want the whole tracking number from us to your canada addy, it's gonna cost alot, and the shipper will also have to declare the full value of the watch, which Canada Custom will charge you arm and leg: You rather buy Gshock at the Bay and Zummie

sometimes I feel like buying from HongKong and Japan is much cheaper and faster than buying from the neighbor US, I don't know why ??? is it fear ??? or hatred ???

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback. I found a thread similar to my question and really a gray area.

G-Fob, I can't tell, are you in the States or Canada?

What is the value of the watch you want to ship?

You can ship 1st class international, with no tracking, about $5-6 if under a pound.. usually 6-10 days (depending on customs)

You can ship it Registered Mail which will travel under lock and key, but it's very slow and frustrating for the buyer. It is traceable and affordable, but can take up to 2 weeks. Buyer has to sign.

You can ship Priority International which has tracking and is considerably faster than 1st class but costs more

Or you can ship Express International (EMS) which is the most expensive but fastest delivery. It's also insured up to $100 automatically.

Keep in mind that insuring the package is probably safest. Again, it comes down to how much the watch is worth and how much you trust the seller. Good luck and feel free to PM me with any questions.. I ship hundreds of packages internationally :)

Let me add I've had 1st class int'l packages arrive in Canada faster than EMS packages at times. Customs can be a real PITA sometimes

Agree with Shocker. Canadian customs is slow, so prep your buyer for somewhere between 1-3 weeks. No matter how you ship USPS, there is "tracking" of some form. As usual with USPS, it is behind by a day or two. But, it shows when it makes it into customs at a minimum. I think it shows final delivery as well. Both UPS and FedEx promise to rush through customs, but that privilege costs around $100.
    Current
    DW-8200MS "Kermit in Smoke" Frogman
    DW-8200F-4 Red Frogman
    GW-200-2 "Navy" Frogman - modded
    DW-5000SP "Bloody Project Team Tough mod"
    DW-9900 Frogman
    DW-5700 with 5600EH crystal "Screwback Eric Haze"
    GW-5000
    Beater G-3110

Thread Information