Shocking Strap Prices

Thread: Shocking Strap Prices

Exclamation Shocking Strap Prices

Recently I bought a spare resin strap for my G2300, which would also fit my G100. It was £12.50 with shipping which seems reasonable. Lately I've become very fond of the cloth/velcro G2300 strap so I decided to buy a spare one of those. They're £22.50 I've just ordered another G2300 from america with the cloth/resion strap for £26.81 including shipping. That's only £4.31 more than the strap alone. Allowing for extra shipping from abroad, it's probably cheaper!
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Re: Shocking Strap Prices

I think I spent about $60+ on two straps once. Looking back now I should have just picked up two cheap dead watches on Yahoo Auctions and used them for parts. It probably would have cost the same and I would have had lots of spare bits as well as the straps.

The most confusing part is, the US seller I'm buying the cloth/velcro G2300 from charges about £9 more for the resin strap version, yet in the UK the resin strap is £10 cheaper.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Bizarre indeed. Maybe they get charged differently from their suppliers, have different mark-ups or are maybe trying to shift some old stock.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonJade View Post
    Bizarre indeed. Maybe they get charged differently from their suppliers, have different mark-ups or are maybe trying to shift some old stock.
    The latter had occured to me. All's well that ends well though, as I'll have a complete spare G2300 with cloth strap, plus the spare resin strap. This is a good thing, as the G2300 has become one of my favourite and most worn G's.

Yes they are expensive. I continualy watch the bay for them and some times they come up at $10 to $10. You can also look at Yahoo Japan and search for "reflesh" and they will come up for 2000 to 4000 yen just as expencive. Then there is shipping ect. But be carefule there are 2 kind of buckles. One like the picture below that has 4 bars maked in red. The end of the strap tucks under the last one. It is much more secure and holds much better. They are white or black.

The other kind only has 3 bars show in red and the end of the starp goes under the strap and against the cloth inside strap. I have found that it doen not hold as well. There is not enought "hold" to keep it from sliding around. They are gray from what I have seen

Stan The Man

Careful what you wish for. YOU MAY GET IT!!!

It isn't either of those plastic buckled ones, it tucks through a metal buckle. Here it is...

I do have one of those 3 bar straps on a DW003TL though.

Thread Information