Shoddy service from Casio Service Centre in Singapore
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Shoddy service from Casio Service Centre in Singapore

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shoddy service from Casio Service Centre in Singapore

Went to Casio and asked them to clean out the blurriness stain mark on the edges of the face glass. 2 weeks went by and I went to collect my watch today. They charged me the usual 10.70 but the stain marks weren't gone. The lady insisted that the blurriness is some kind of permanent stain that can't be cleaned. Which is weird because it only appeared 2 weeks ago.

I was in a hurry and nevertheless left, thinking that I'll check out other places if they can get the stain/blurriness removed.

Then when I got home, I saw this.

Freaking idiots at casio Singapore set my watch the wrong way... on Twitpic

The idiots put in the innards the wrong way!!!

Now I have to go back again. And gawd wonders how long they will take this time.

Re: Shoddy service from Casio Service Centre in Singapore

Now that's funny, I tell ya!! I mean, sorry to hear of your troubles, and I would certainly be asking for my money back. But the irony...taking it to a CASIO service center and they can't even assemble a watch back correctly??? I read an old post recently of a member who took in a Frog for a battery and they removed the bezel for some odd reason. In doing so, they split the bezel under one of the buttons. If I'm not mistaken, it was in Singapore as well...

Oh yeah... Welcome, Ryuworks!
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

First thread is to complain about something. Why not participate while you're enjoying your watch??

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the Forum and too bad about the service you got from the service center. I much prefer to go Marco Corp, they're way friendlier. You can certainly ask them if the defect could be rectified at all before they take it apart.
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by GatorJ View Post
    First thread is to complain about something. Why not participate while you're enjoying your watch??
    It is highly possible that he only found this forum after the incident
    kurzjak likes this.

This makes me think twice about getting a battery replacement at a Casio service center..maybe I'd be better off with Sjors WUS tutorial...
    capt_RENGT likes this.

That is certainly a slap forehead experience... fortunately (or unfortunately) that module can be installed either way without damage.

Were the stain marks near the upper and lower protection bars? They are usually outside, and hard to reach because of the bars... but it can be done. And it can be done without opening up the watch. Just remove a couple of screws by the side and the bars will be off, together with the bezel.

There are a few methods to do it... but you should probably send it back.

Don't forget to update us. Good luck.
    When the Going Gets Tough... Get a G-Shock!

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

Wow! How can Casio Singapore screw up so easily like this?

Dear all, thanks for the kind words and advice.

I went back to the service centre and asked them kindly again, to try and clean off the stains/fogging around the edges of the glass and to set my watch face correctly. They agreed and didn't charge me (obviously). So my watch is now with them and I am praying that I get a better result this time.

Dear GatorJ and GTR83, yes I only found this forum after googling for "Casio Service Centre Singapore" so please forgive my first post being a complaint.

Dear Silee, I will most definitely visit Marco Marketing instead the next time, didn't even know of their existance until this incident.

Dear Cockpit, it is a "circle" of "mist/fogging" around the edges of the glass, I'm not sure if it's inside or on the outside, but I cannot see the markings in the inside part of the circumference clearly because of the "fogging".

I got this watch for my 21st birthday 7 sevens ago from my grandmother, who passed away a few years later, so I really cherish the watch.

Unfortunately, then I didn't know that the watch I got was a JDM only model Black Force, and thus I blame myself for failing to keep it in good condition. Only in recent years have I taken a liking to finding out more about wristwatches.

I did some research, and I suppose that what I have should be this G-SHOCK: G-521BD-1A Watch Detail

Hopefully the issue gets fixed somehow and I get to continue keeping my 21st birthday present in good use for the decades to come.
    Last edited by ryuworks; May 15th, 2011 at 19:38. Reason: typo

I never try the casio service center in Hong Kong but I heard they are not that professional also. I have a few frogmans that had the battery run out and I am reluctant to ask CSC to change for me let alone the high cost that they will ask.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information