A short intro & History of myself & my collection

Thread: A short intro & History of myself & my collection

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A short intro & History of myself & my collection

I have been a timepiece collector for years now & I have well over 100 pieces in my collection currently. I was never a guy who liked the new tech watches like the venerable G-SHOCK, IRONMAN, ETC... In the early days of my collecting. I was guided by my grandfather who taught me that "Computerized Digital timepieces were for lazy people or folks who didn't know how to read a dial & I followed that philosophy for most of my years but I didn't totally agree with it. I had always had a yearning to own one so I could see what they were REALLY ABOUT & that's where the ANA-DIGI pieces came into play. I got a piece with an ETA SWISS ANA-DIGI MOVEMENT in it & I was a convert from that point on. As I stated earlier I never had a G-SHOCK before even though I was always somewhat jealous of the kids in school who did. I was the only one who wore "SWISS MADE" analog pieces & even had a VINTAGE Automatic Bulova I'd wear, thanks to my Grandpa. After having the extra features which the digital timepieces afforded me I was absolutely hooked & I had to have the most famous & durable of all the digital watches THE G-SHOCK. I am a very new entry into this type of collecting & turned to the only place I knew of to help me along in my efforts, The G-SHOCK FORUM here at WATCHUSEEK. I studied many posts & weighed the opinions & decided to get a MUDMAN (G-9000MS-1) as my first. It arrived to me in late march this year. After receiving this piece I soon bought another, The SGW-100. I was impressed by the features that one could have for such a small price, you guys were right on about this piece & am glad I listened to the opinions & recommendations from owners of this watch. I then got a GA-100 & am blown away by the detail on this piece, the craftsmanship is superb & once again I owe it all to the reviews & recommendations from you guys.I am glad to be a part of this genre of collecting & thank each & every one of you for making this a virtual database of info about these types of watches if it wasn't for you guys I may still be on the outside looking in. I have a few more I am just foaming at the mouth for & I WILL HAVE THEM SOON. I am looking forward to making friends here & helping others as they have helped me. Much thanks to you all & I appreciate you taking the time out to allow me to introduce myself.

reed420

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Re: A short intro & History of myself & my collection

Welcome to the madness!

Here are a lot of members that came the same way from other watches.

The problem is that G are quite affordable and you will start buying and buying.

Welcome to the asylum!

When things get to bad keep repeating to yourself.........

"I only really need one watch, I only really need one watch....................."

Mitch

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to this forum!
    As you probably know from the forum by now there are quite a number of us here who also collect/ed mechanicals and other non- Casio digitals before stumbling onto this site. The atmosphere is friendly and laid-back so enjoy browsing around and maybe post pix of your watches too, that would be great
    Lee

Welcome. All roads lead to Gshock.
    G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

:thanks

I have a feeling you all will be seeing me here often.

Quote Originally Posted by reed420 View Post
    :thanks

I have a feeling you all will be seeing me here often.
    "I have a few more I am just foaming at the mouth for & I WILL HAVE THEM SOON."

Yes, I have the same feeling too. Welcome!

Welcome to the coolest watch forum on the web (IMHO)
    You'll find here very nice people, with the widest variety of opinions, knowledge and taste.
    People that will always be ready to help. And of course - G's that combine technology, toughness and "street" fashion.

Look out, there are members here who will do everything in their power
    (using nice words and great photographic talent) to drag you deep into
    the G world

Galpo

First and foremost, welcome!

This is a great group of people. Like many of us, you may well find G-Shocks' mixture of affordability, function, toughness and, yes, "style" pretty addictive. I certainly have.

Beware the impact on your pocketbook! I knew and liked G-Shocks long before I stumbled on this place -- and I had a lot of them. But this forum is "deadly" in that one learns, quickly, about new and intruiging releases. Many things become "must haves" for me that, absent the forum, I likely would not even have heard about!

You will have much company here regarding your interests in other kinds of watches as well. I have a number of mechanicals, divers, etc., as well as G's (and Timexes). Many of the members here are very knowledgeable in these areas as well. I have found them to be consistently helpful and generous in sharing their knowledge.

Welcome to the G Shock Forum !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information