Should Casio offer a digital MRG again?
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Should Casio offer a digital MRG again?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Should Casio offer a digital MRG again?

It seems like Casio is releasing more and more expansive analog watches and now with the release of the all metal square even extended the courtesy to digital squares.

High end all digital MRGs have been offered once already, so I wonder if it is time to pick up the idea again? After all the success that the new all metal square showed, is there enough interest for another all digital MRG as well?

I know I would be very interested in such a watch especially if it was really featured packed. All metal, saphire, MB6, GPS, Bluetooth and the 'usual' other features tough solar, world time, stop watch etc. I think it could very positively stand out as a durable high end and long lasting retro alternative in today's flavor of the day smart watch world.

Of course I realize that we already have the Frogman and the new Rangeman V2 as high end digitals, yet they are in a different category with different use in mind.
    kubr1ck and HiggsBoson like this.

Re: Should Casio offer a digital MRG again?

Yes, but it rather be not in 1000$ territory.
    Even 500$ metal square is becoming a stretch.
    But considering amount of good models which are listed but not readily available it will be good start to generally review lineup and make these available.
    Casio has a lot of great watches contemporary and old, they don't even need to invent it.
    Plus it will be nice to have digital edifice back and frankly less bulky G-Steel.
    Even if they offer vintage collection in real steel it will be a hit.
    It should be special!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1991 View Post
    But considering amount of good models which are listed but not readily available it will be good start to generally review lineup and make these available.
    Casio has a lot of great watches contemporary and old, they don't even need to invent it.
    Plus it will be nice to have digital edifice back and frankly less bulky G-Steel.
    +1
    bmfang likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1991 View Post
    Indeed. Most of the higher end g shocks aren't even worth looking at for me a my wrists are pretty small. Would be nice to have more options.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Rocket1991 and bmfang like this.

I would gladly welcome a digital MRG, as long as it wasn't too cranked up. I personally find most analog Casio dials too cluttered and difficult to read, except for the 3 hand Oceanus. I think it will be very hard for Casio to top the all metal 5000's, though. Only thing missing from their lineup is a resin screwback 5000. Can you post a picture of the last digital MRG?
    Last edited by tomchicago; November 1st, 2018 at 21:35.

They already did it with metal square.
    The only way up is either made them out of unobtainum ... titanium hand forged by some monk with sapphire polished by virgins...
    And or include GPS, but considering price of any metal G with GPS it will land in 1000$ or more.
    Which essentially limits market. Considering they doing very good with current lineup price will only go up from current metal squares but this hits how luxury watch buyers see their purchases.
    Hardly digital. At least in masses.
    Obviously there is no problem to produce watch itself. Seiko did pretty good with their metal squares.
    Too bad you can't get one new anymore.
    tomchicago, Nemo_Sandman and FROG like this.
    It should be special!

Quote Originally Posted by tomchicago View Post
    Can you post a picture of the last digital MRG?
    This thread has a lot of pictures of older MRGs.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/vintage-mrg-appreciation-thread-4667929.html

That is the kind of the style watch I originally meant, except with more features and functions of course a design that is perhaps even more luxurious. Kind of a MRG1000 or MRG2000 in a digital version. A totally new desingn, so not a continuation of the square line by any means.
    GaryK30 and Fergfour like this.

I would be all over a full titanium digital MR-G.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

i tot the full metal jacket is the MRG line?
    i have many many memory with many watches, but the only one that is worthy is my all time favorite - the Tudor Submariner 79090.

I have been wanting an all metal MR-G for years, but the new all metal squares are basically what I have wanted. But. With more standard strap atttachments, to enable zulu adapters. Louder alarms. Or robust vibrating alarms. Therefore, Casio is almost there.

But why not try something new? An all metal case, and bezel, shaped like a 6900? Billet aluminum, like a certain Freestyle limited edition model from a few years ago.

Name:  img56611188.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  205.0 KBName:  imgrc0067480548.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  26.3 KB pics borrowed from internet.

Or, if they don't want to "dilute" the equity of the 6900, a GW-7900 with a billet aluminum case would be awesome. Nobody complains about this module's alarm volume. Although vibration would be fantastic, of course.
    WES51 likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information