should i buy the maharishi?
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: should i buy the maharishi?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Smile should i buy the maharishi?

any views on the maharishi I already have a gpw 2000. would it be a good buy or is it overpriced for what it is. it seems like a sought after watch but is it too similar to the original version to justify the price? I have seen one for sale new and would like some advice from any of you that will know a lot more about this than I do

Re: should i buy the maharishi?

It's mostly your own call. We have had several threads lately on GPW vs GWG you can reference, but in general they are very different watches (and have different feel and use cases). Maharishi is also a pretty special GWG in terms of appearance. I will say that if your wallet allows you and you don't have another GWG, just get it.

It is a more colorful Master.
    Same reliable, durable Watch.
    If you want it, the answer to your question is right around the corner...

Timepieces

2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN 1000H 9AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000NV 2AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000MB 1AJF
    ​2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000K 7AJR ICERC
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWG 1000DC 1A5JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWF D1000NV 2JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GW 9300DC
    2017 CASIO EDIFICE EF 305 1AV
    1990 ROLEX GMT II M16713LN STAINLESS/GOLD

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

One thing to keep in mind, you will be paying a $500.00 premium(minimum) on a color. Up to you if it's worth it. That being said, it's a gorgeous watch. Personally, I would spend that kind of money on a new rifle. Different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by grinch_actual View Post
    One thing to keep in mind, you will be paying a $500.00 premium(minimum) on a color. Up to you if it's worth it. That being said, it's a gorgeous watch. Personally, I would spend that kind of money on a new rifle. Different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    Ahh I remember the good ol' days, when the premium was just $500, lol.

Name:  maha.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  72.8 KB

For the love of all that is good, do not buy this watch for anything near this price. I own one. It's good, but not that good.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

No khaki. No dual LCD display. No deal.
    willydribble likes this.
    A man wearing a watch, outside of purely social functions (where, strictly speaking, a watch is not supposed to be worn), makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers his time something of value, not something to be wasted.

A man wearing an ostentatiously expensive watch makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers little.

Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckDELTA View Post
    No khaki. No dual LCD display. No deal.
    Name:  IMAG4507.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  2.00 MB
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

It depends on your financial ability I guess. If you can afford Rolex watches and stuff like then then I guess that is not a problem! I can tell you it is one of the most sought after pieces in later years and considered one of the best collaborations in the past years. Amongst those who owns this piece I have observed that they pretty much all cherish it a lot and considered one of the top pieces in their collections. So it definitely is worthy of your consideration if you have the funds for it! The strange thing about this is that it was launched in November of 2016 but for some reason very few wanted it back then but then suddenly in 2017 interest for this model have exploded especially in Asia, this piece have a special status by now for sure! By late summer of 2017 sources for this piece started to dry up (even in Japan)as many of them ended up in the hands of collectors and we have seen a rising price all trough summer and now into fall as well!

Me personally definitely wants this in my collection but funding have been an issue. Maybe somehow I will be able to get this for Christmas as a special treat!
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    Name:  IMAG4507.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  2.00 MB
    When it drops to $125.00
    A man wearing a watch, outside of purely social functions (where, strictly speaking, a watch is not supposed to be worn), makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers his time something of value, not something to be wasted.

A man wearing an ostentatiously expensive watch makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers little.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information