Should I buy a new DGK King without the box & tin?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Should I buy a new DGK King without the box & tin?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Should I buy a new DGK King without the box & tin?

The local Macy's near my house has a DGK King at retail price which has been in their case for awhile now. I decided to purchase it last week but the sales clerk took the watch out of their display case and put it in a regular g shock tin & no box. I had to show her a pic from the internet on my phone so she would know what the tin & box looked like. She searched for about 10 minutes but could not find it, but said to come back later & she would have it. Well I returned 2 days later and they said that it was accidentally given away with a regular g shock , I felt I shouldn't buy it without the proper tin & box, and left. This was last week on Wednesday & its still kind of bothering me. If there is a slim chance that it is still there, should I get or not? Will this affect it as far as being collectabe? I'm going to check to see if it is still there. Thanks for your opinions in advance

Re: Should I buy a new DGK King without the box & tin?

i wouldnt take it if the box wasnt right, but i guess it depends on how bad you want it and if you intend to sell it or not.. if you do intend to sell it in the future, then the right packaging can get you a higher price.. but if your going to keep it for yourself, then go for it cause they are hard to find especially one at company price..

Was retail on those $160 or $160? if it is $130, go for it, you will never see them that low again, if $160 I would hold out... IMHO
    PS-the big thing is if your planning on wearing it or displaying it?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think a lot of the Macy's counter people are not very knowledgable about G-Shocks in general and will just stuff them into the first tin they find in the drawer which is probably why they are often missing. I mentioned before that I was buying an A-Life G-Shock and the lady first tried putting it into a generic G-Shock tin/box then almost left out the manual (she had to call over the manager to show her where to find it). I had to point to the proper packaging in the drawer.

But no, I would not buy a collectable G-Shock if they were missing the proper box.
    Last edited by wmt029; March 7th, 2011 at 15:07.
    FLCx413 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wmt029 View Post

But no, I would not buy a collectable G-Shock if they were missing the proper box.
    +1

Why don't you ask the manager (no disrespect, but not the salesperson) if he/she can transfer one from another store. NM did this for me quite often back in the day!

Pops
    Have a great day, or night! ...

Pops

... ...

same thing at my local Macy's. They had 2 DGK's, but no DGK boxes. Since I would have probably bought them to collect/sell rather than wear, the box was important. Retail was $160. The woman told me they ship without boxes sometimes when they get a big warehouse shipment. Regardless, I did not think it was worth it. You might try asking for a 10% discount since there is no box and it is a collectable item.

Everything has a price, ask fora discount like kung just said

I had a similar thing happen. I bought an In4+mation G at a Macy's and they put it in a regular tin with no box. I at least got the right manual for the right module, but not the cool colored box the it's supposed to come with. And I don't know if it's supposed to come with other paper or not. It wasn't too big a deal to me as I plan to wear the heck out of that watch and will probably modify it before I ever think of selling it.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Quote Originally Posted by Tsip85 View Post
    I had a similar thing happen. I bought an In4+mation G at a Macy's and they put it in a regular tin with no box. I at least got the right manual for the right module, but not the cool colored box the it's supposed to come with. And I don't know if it's supposed to come with other paper or not. It wasn't too big a deal to me as I plan to wear the heck out of that watch and will probably modify it before I ever think of selling it.
    For me it's not necessarily even about selling the watch. If I'm going to drop 130-160 (or more) on a G-Shock I fully expect to get the complete product, packaging and all. It's silly that they get confused over the manuals/packaging so often.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information