Should I pull the trigger?
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Should I pull the trigger?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Should I pull the trigger?

I want a Solar Atomic in the $100 range.....

Looking at GW6900B-1 Black and Orange

Regular GW6900-1

GW7900B-1 rescue series but concerned about problem associated with the model

Finally the Mudman 5 eye

This is a sickness.... 0-4 G Shocks in a month and now looking at one of the above to complete the 5 spot.

What to do..... What to do....

CH

Re: Should I pull the trigger?

mudman gw9000a for sure!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jer

"I'm hip about time"

Yes! Sickening and very very dangerous.....but I love it! I have both the GW9000a Mudman and the GW6900-1. I really like them both. And oh.....just wait until you get hook on the "squares" :) :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Tough call. I really like the looks of the GW-6900, but the Mudman is soooooo comfy on the wrist. What matters more to you? Comfort or aesthetics?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have multiple GW-6900's and one GW-9000 -- they're both great, but the often-mentioned "hard to push buttons" on the 9000 make the GW-6900's my most-worn watches. (There are a couple of threads around here and in the Tutorials section about boiling the 9000/9010 bezels to soften the button covers but I haven't tried that yet.)

If you think you'll want to modify one of your G-Shocks in the future, the GW-6900 is probably the way to go -- it accepts the most common NATO/Zulu type adapters, and if you ever want to try your hand at dying or camouflaging bezels, you can buy two different kinds of white straps and bezels for the GW-6900 (matte and glossy finishes).
    allkindsofwatches1 and Reloko like this.

Good info.....should help make the choice. I never mod my watches but good info.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    I have multiple GW-6900's and one GW-9000 -- they're both great, but the often-mentioned "hard to push buttons" on the 9000 make the GW-6900's my most-worn watches. (There are a couple of threads around here and in the Tutorials section about boiling the 9000/9010 bezels to soften the button covers but I haven't tried that yet.)

If you think you'll want to modify one of your G-Shocks in the future, the GW-6900 is probably the way to go -- it accepts the most common NATO/Zulu type adapters, and if you ever want to try your hand at dying or camouflaging bezels, you can buy two different kinds of white straps and bezels for the GW-6900 (matte and glossy finishes).

The B-1 was my first G-Shock. I love the orange display. Has a nicer look than the plain display, and much easier to read than a negative display.

I wasn't a fan of the glossy G-Glide strap, so I swapped it out with a standard 6900 bezel and strap:

Painted the bezel with orange nail polish:

Dave.
    Reloko, JusticeG, MNash87 and 2 others like this.

^ did you paint directly over the letters without removing the original color?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

You can get the Mudman 5-eye... or the GW-9010. It kinda looks nice in black, too.

In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

All good points, was thinking about doing some mods down the line which has me leaning towards a 6900..... I already have one 6900ms and two of the mudman series..... Problem is I love them all...... Maybe I'll make the decision later today after I've had some time to think about it over an adult beverage.......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information