Should I purchase a Rangeman? - Page 3
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Should I purchase a Rangeman?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Should I purchase a Rangeman?

No. Don't. Never get a Rangeman. Ever. That's my biggest regret over a purchase this year. It single handedly blocked my lust to get new watches. Tried several other G's at a local G factory last week including mudman but nothing sings to me anymore. Even some protreks that I've been eyeing these past few weeks just wouldn't do it. I came home with nothing new, and the Rangeman is still here :/
    Well, maybe a sumo, that might able trump Rangeman's sorcery over my brain. But for now I can't afford it yet, so the crazy jungle cat still save :|

Carpatakled

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQFord View Post
    Adam ... if you've got a 7" wrist or larger ... it's a great watch. If your wrist is smaller than 7", I'd try it on first because you may feel that it's too big.

If you can't get your hands on one for a 'fitting', then try to find a watch of similar dimension in another manufacturer's line that is available to try on.

Failing that, cut one out of corrugated cardboard (make it 2 0r 3 layers thick) & put that against your wrist to give you some semblance of what it would be like.

Also the Rangeman 'Love The Sea & The Earth', a new green gel model, will be released shortly. It may be of interest:

Attachment 4090769
    Thanks a lot for this, I greatly appreciate it.

I will definitely try the watch on first as I have relatively small 6.25" wrists and a small frame so it may be too large and bulky. That being said, I have a very large Edifice watch that looks fine on me, probably due to the shape of my arm.

I'll check this new model out, not keen on green but this is quite nice. At the moment I have my eyes on a black/orange model with the carbon fiber strap (I prefer the colour and the strap is nice) for under £250. Of course, I'm doing extensive research to check reputations of sites etc.
    JohnQFord likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by domoon View Post
    No. Don't. Never get a Rangeman. Ever. That's my biggest regret over a purchase this year. It single handedly blocked my lust to get new watches. Tried several other G's at a local G factory last week including mudman but nothing sings to me anymore. Even some protreks that I've been eyeing these past few weeks just wouldn't do it. I came home with nothing new, and the Rangeman is still here :/
    Well, maybe a sumo, that might able trump Rangeman's sorcery over my brain. But for now I can't afford it yet, so the crazy jungle cat still save :|

Carpatakled
    What i got from the last statement is: i tried several g-shocks, even Mudman, and still no go. ProTreks? Nope, no go again. Plus , guy cannot afford it. So do NOT buy Rangeman!

I wear mine 22/7 and every so often Frogman. LOVE IT!
    Bottom line, if you were thinking about to try Rangeman now it's the perfect time. Prices went down, and it's very affordable now (as low as $100 for a green negative, around $150 - black positive and !!!$350!!! - lighting yellow (Casio G Shock Rangerman 30th Anniversary Solar Tactical GW 9430EJ 9 | eBay)).
    Most defiantly prices in Europe are not even close to prices here in US, but if you thinking about Rangeman, then you should look for the Rangeman. There is no alternative for it. Couse my main futures are toughness and well packed options in Rangeman are just icing on the cake.
    G-Shocks of course cannot be for everyone for a all the time use, yes most of the g's will not be comfortable with shirt sleeves or doing cardio (for somebody), but not for the most of us.
    But Rangeman compared to Mudman G9300 or gw7900 is NOT the biggest and most uncomfortable. All 3 are very close how toll they are.
    Adam Churchman likes this.
    WE WANT MORE!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by FJay Iceberg White View Post
    What i got from the last statement is: i tried several g-shocks, even Mudman, and still no go. ProTreks? Nope, no go again. Plus , guy cannot afford it. So do NOT buy Rangeman!

Bottom line, if you were thinking about to try Rangeman now it's the perfect time. Prices went down, and it's very affordable now (as low as $100 for a green negative, around $150 - black positive and !!!$350!!! - lighting yellow (Casio G Shock Rangerman 30th Anniversary Solar Tactical GW 9430EJ 9 | eBay)).
    Most defiantly prices in Europe are not even close to prices here in US, but if you thinking about Rangeman, then you should look for the Rangeman. There is no alternative for it. Couse my main futures are toughness and well packed options in Rangeman are just icing on the cake.
    G-Shocks of course cannot be for everyone for a all the time use, yes most of the g's will not be comfortable with shirt sleeves or doing cardio (for somebody), but not for the most of us.
    But Rangeman compared to Mudman G9300 or gw7900 is NOT the biggest and most uncomfortable. All 3 are very close how toll they are.
    I agree, there are no substitutes for the Rangeman IMO. There are some great G-shocks I also looked at but this one definitely caught my attention. With my small wrists I may decide not to wear it every day but I don't think that would matter too much, at least I'll have a watch for casual use and some sports.

Would you recommend the carbon fibre black/orange model? I'm not too bothered about the strap (though it's cool to have one) but I prefer the colour scheme personally to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Churchman View Post
    I agree, there are no substitutes for the Rangeman IMO. There are some great G-shocks I also looked at but this one definitely caught my attention. With my small wrists I may decide not to wear it every day but I don't think that would matter too much, at least I'll have a watch for casual use and some sports.

Would you recommend the carbon fibre black/orange model? I'm not too bothered about the strap (though it's cool to have one) but I prefer the colour scheme personally to the others.
    Post a pic ... there's a lot of models out there. You might like the 'Love The Sea & The Earth' original release:

Name:  DSC03314.JPG
Views: 519
Size:  1.23 MB
    Adam Churchman likes this.
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

I recommend any color Rangeman. What ever will make you happiest. Most important: i recommend Rangeman.

There is no orange color Rangeman, yet. But u could make custom made.
    Silverswoosh and raceclawt like this.
    WE WANT MORE!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQFord View Post
    Post a pic ... there's a lot of models out there. You might like the 'Love The Sea & The Earth' original release:

Name:  DSC03314.JPG
Views: 519
Size:  1.23 MB
    I can't post an image currently but here's a link:

Amazon.com: Casio G-SHOCK MASTER OF G RANGEMAN Triple Sensor Ver.3 Multiband 6 Solar - Tactical Men's Watch GW-9400BJ-1JF (Japan Import): Watches

I prefer the black models, but I like the green gel one you showed me. Not too keen on grey.

Quote Originally Posted by FJay Iceberg White View Post

Where are they listed for $150?

Thanks

I can't post an image currently but here's a link:

Amazon.com: Casio G-SHOCK MASTER OF G RANGEMAN Triple Sensor Ver.3 Multiband 6 Solar - Tactical Men's Watch GW-9400BJ-1JF (Japan Import): Watches

I prefer the black models, but I like the green gel one you showed me. Not too keen on grey.
    It's a 'sexy' look. Practically speaking, though, I'd get a positive display first ... far easier to read in all conditions.

Negative display is not a 'quick glance' easy to read display ... despite all the crystal clear pictures that you see.

Name:  Rangeman Compare.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  639.2 KB
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

If there is anyone on this forum with 6" wrists who has a Rangeman, or a similar sized watch, could you give me your opinions and perhaps send me a photo? Much appreciated.

As the Rangeman is fairly expensive here I want to make sure my purchase is a good one.
    Last edited by A J Chouch; May 24th, 2015 at 18:10.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information